The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Renting

Hi, I am looking to rent a flat in Aberystwyth for my first year. I am not sure when to start enquiring as I don’t have a guaranteed place here until I receive my results in August. Could you offer any advice?
Original post by Erinjoyce
Hi, I am looking to rent a flat in Aberystwyth for my first year. I am not sure when to start enquiring as I don’t have a guaranteed place here until I receive my results in August. Could you offer any advice?

Hi there, you should have had an email from the university to pick your choices of accommodation by now which will be confirmed in August with your uni place. If you haven't I'd contact the uni - Aberystwyth has surplus accommodation though so there's no panic I don't think.
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Reply 2
Original post by Cookie0799
Hi there, you should have had an email from the university to pick your choices of accommodation by now which will be confirmed in August with your uni place. If you haven't I'd contact the uni - Aberystwyth has surplus accommodation though so there's no panic I don't think.

Thank you!
Hi @Erinjoyce

Well done on your offer to study at Aberystwyth!

There is a range of accommodation options managed by Aberystwyth University. The University guarantees accommodation to all new first year students who hold Aberystwyth as their Firm Choice and who apply for accommodation before 1st August.

The majority of University owned accommodation is only a short walk away from the campus and there is a range of accommodation to suit all budgets, styles (shared flat/ensuite/studio), meal options and length of licences. You can compare the University options here.

There is also the option to rent privately in Aberystwyth, more advice can be found here.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any more questions 😊

Rebecca

Quick Reply

Latest