The Student Room Group

student loan

can I live off campus and still get paid?
Reply 1
Yes?
Yes, the maintenance loan gets paid straight to you. You choose your personal life decisions and how you spend the money and where you want to live
Reply 3
Original post by mnot
Yes, the maintenance loan gets paid straight to you. You choose your personal life decisions and how you spend the money and where you want to live

thank you. just wanted to double check because I don't want to live in a accommodation I want to rent out a flat off campus and wanted to see if it was possible.
Original post by amydaniella
thank you. just wanted to double check because I don't want to live in a accommodation I want to rent out a flat off campus and wanted to see if it was possible.

Yes this will be fine.
Reply 5
Original post by mnot

Original post by mnot
Yes this will be fine.

how much student loan could I receive and when do I get paid?
Reply 6
Original post by mnot
Yes this will be fine.

How much money you get depends on household income (ie your guardians), and it starts at like £4K & goes as high as £9K look online to see how much you’ll get.

It gets paid in 3 instillments normally: end of September (after you register in person), end of January. Then April.
Reply 8
Original post by mnot
How much money you get depends on household income (ie your guardians), and it starts at like £4K & goes as high as £9K look online to see how much you’ll get.

It gets paid in 3 instillments normally: end of September (after you register in person), end of January. Then April.

where can I see how much I get ?
where can I see how much I get ?

You’ll need to know your household income:
Estimate here: https://www.savethestudent.org/student-finance/maintenance-loans.html

Quick Reply

Latest