The Student Room Group

Should I learn a language?

Hi, so I’m in quarantine and I’m trying to get some studying done for my first year of A Levels next year. However, I was considering learning a language. I love Russian and Italian but I would consider French or Spanish (I have a long history with French). I have been studying French at GCSE but I just don’t like it and have no motivation for it. My A Levels are Economics, Maths and History. Do I have the chance to learn a language or should I focus on them?
If you are interested in learning a language, totally go for it. Don’t let it overtake your studies - it should be light but frequent if you want to learn it effectively and balance your studies. I do Physics, maths and history and I always get my streaks on Duolingo for German - it may be slow but it’s something; you can increase the workload however you want. I suggest learning something you are interested in like you said: Italian or Russian (Italian would be better to start with since you don’t have to learn another alphabet) as I just couldn’t keep up this hobby with French since I hated it since GCSE.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending