The Student Room Group

How much should you revise

Ok so im a GCSE student in year 10 having my exams next year. My parents saying im not revising enough. can someone tell me how much you should revise
Original post by AndrewK373
Ok so im a GCSE student in year 10 having my exams next year. My parents saying im not revising enough. can someone tell me how much you should revise

How much you should revise is really just dependent on the grades you are aiming for. Saying this, GCSE doesn't require huge amounts of revision. I would suggest going over all the content that you have done in year 10 and make sure that you know all of this really well. You need to take into consideration that there is going to be more content in year 11, some of which will be more difficult, so knowing all of the content from this year, it will benefit you, so you are not having to cram two years worth of content in a couple of weeks. I would also suggest that you make all your notes ready for next year, particularly for English- I left them a bit too late and it was stressful! Other than that, if you know the content really well, have made your notes, and are up to date with all your work, I don't think any intense revision is required.
Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Original post by maahum
How much you should revise is really just dependent on the grades you are aiming for. Saying this, GCSE doesn't require huge amounts of revision. I would suggest going over all the content that you have done in year 10 and make sure that you know all of this really well. You need to take into consideration that there is going to be more content in year 11, some of which will be more difficult, so knowing all of the content from this year, it will benefit you, so you are not having to cram two years worth of content in a couple of weeks. I would also suggest that you make all your notes ready for next year, particularly for English- I left them a bit too late and it was stressful! Other than that, if you know the content really well, have made your notes, and are up to date with all your work, I don't think any intense revision is required.
Hope this helps!

Ok thanks!
How much you revise is dependant on you. You might revise less because you are confident in most subject or you might revise more with subjects you are struggling for. It also depends on how much the work in class and previous revision has stuck in your mind. I paid attention in all my classes and put effort in my work for yr 10 but I didnt revise for that year; when I did revise in yr 11, I only revised a little bit for RE, maths and etc and more emphasis on science, french and etc since I was still struggling with the content and exam. Dont revise too much you'll burn out - it's better to revise daily but only a short time period than revise for more but not as often
Reply 4
Original post by AndrewK373

Is not about how much you revise is about HOW you revise cause there ain't no point of revising for a long time without any proper focus you should revise the questions you do not know :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest