Is Boris UK's equivalent to Trump?

Watch
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Lucifer323)
Populism was always one of the best weapons of the far right together with conspiracy theories .
True, but I think they're a bit surprised quite how well it's worked. we've collectively created a huge sea of BS that they can simply throw their lies into largely unopposed.

I do suspect though, that this more applies to extremes than right or left, because if using anything but shouty soundbites, moderates will start looking confused and saying 'Here, hang on, that doesn't sound quite right...HTF can an immigrant be workshy and stealing my job?'
Gundabad(good)
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Beanbag2)
In the long run, that's the best thing, then there can be no comebacks.
True. Trump is making himself too divisive at the moment. The Republicans will lose any minority voters they have if they continue.
Beanbag2
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by Gundabad(good))
True. Trump is making himself too divisive at the moment. The Republicans will lose any minority voters they have if they continue.
Trump should consult his brain for once, instead of just saying things in the heat of the moment. That is why he is so unpopular, it's fine to say things behind closed doors, but not in public.
Gundabad(good)
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Trump should consult his brain for once, instead of just saying things in the heat of the moment. That is why he is so unpopular, it's fine to say things behind closed doors, but not in public.
Either Trump is very stupid or the smartest politician in the world. Only the 2020/2021 election will tell.
imlikeahermit
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I politely disagree. I think all of this strengthens trumps hand. The majority of people would now agree that while what happened is horrific, the actions of these looters and rioters are just as abhorrent. I think this is going to be the case even for the swing voters. It’s worth remembering that while these protests may be going state to state, the people involved are still the minority, not the majority.
He is not unpopular. In this country he is, yes, but that’s through a mixture of press manipulation, left wing views dominating here, and people jumping on the bandwagon. He is popular to a degree in his own country.
Beanbag2
Rep:
?
Either Trump is very stupid or the smartest politician in the world. Only the 2020/2021 election will tell.
Hopefully he will be not be reelected. Only then could America become great again.
Gundabad(good)
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hopefully he will be not be reelected. Only then could America become great again.
Use his slogan against him. Nice.
Beanbag2
Rep:
?
(Original post by imlikeahermit)
I politely disagree. I think all of this strengthens trumps hand. The majority of people would now agree that while what happened is horrific, the actions of these looters and rioters are just as abhorrent. I think this is going to be the case even for the swing voters. It’s worth remembering that while these protests may be going state to state, the people involved are still the minority, not the majority.

He is not unpopular. In this country he is, yes, but that’s through a mixture of press manipulation, left wing views dominating here, and people jumping on the bandwagon. He is popular to a degree in his own country.
The people that support Trump are worse than him, because they too are closed-minded bigots, who should consider every word they speak.
imlikeahermit
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
The people that support Trump are worse than him, because they too are closed-minded bigots, who should consider every word they speak.
Interesting that you label those ‘close minded bigots’ when you’re casting such judgement on them as well. Seems to be the pot calling the kettle here.
Gundabad(good)
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago

Minorities in America are set to grow substantially, up to the point where white people will be less than 50% of the population in 2040. If Republicans continue to get perceived as a bigoted party with no interest in minorities, I can see a larger part of the 21st century being Democrat.
Beanbag2
Rep:
?
Interesting that you label those ‘close minded bigots’ when you’re casting such judgement on them as well. Seems to be the pot calling the kettle here.
True, but I only said they were alike, I never said I supported Trump.
imlikeahermit
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Minorities in America are set to grow substantially, up to the point where white people will be less than 50% of the population in 2040. If Republicans continue to get perceived as a bigoted party with no interest in minorities, I can see a larger part of the 21st century being Democrat.
I would agree, if there wasn’t a portion of the minorities that voted trump in in the first place, hispanic especially. I would also think that some damage could be done to the democrats as well given that all of this has happened in a democratic state.
True, but I only said they were alike, I never said I supported Trump.
The left wing hide themselves behind a cloak of acceptance but if anything are more bigoted themselves than the right wing, they’re just in denial.
Calibrated.
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
No.

Johnson has serious shortcomings and it is staggering how a man of such limited ability can rise so high in the Conservative Party. However he is not in the same league as Trump.
Gundabad(good)
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I would agree, if there wasn’t a portion of the minorities that voted trump in in the first place, hispanic especially. I would also think that some damage could be done to the democrats as well given that all of this has happened in a democratic state.

The left wing hide themselves behind a cloak of acceptance but if anything are more bigoted themselves than the right wing, they’re just in denial.
Wait until Trump starts talking about Mexicans again. I doubt his Hispanic supporters will be happy.
Lucifer323
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Usually the Democrats are winning most of the votes in the US apart from very few occassions. It's the system of election and the electoral votes of each state that is to be blamed for phenomena like Trump together with the massive stupidity of voters.

As in most cases the republican candidate, in this case Trump, had less votes than the Democrat Candidate.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Not even remotely similar, bar superficial appearance.
TheCoolBro
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Yes the proof is in the head. Specifically the hair and lack of brain within.
ghostwalker
  • Study Helper
Badges: 17
Report 8 months ago
Perhaps a better comparison would be the Cummings & Boris v Trump.
SANDERS101
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
No they are nothing like each other Boris is a cuck Trump is a strong leader
BourneAsh
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Boris Johnson/ Boris Trump
Donald Trump/ Donald Johnson

I think both are just as ignorant, bigoted and make both the UK and US miserable places to live. A monkey could do a better job than these two.
i dont think johnson is as bad as trump, but they are both pretty bad lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (62)
12.89%
Virtual campus tours/open days (112)
23.28%
Live streaming events (44)
9.15%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (46)
9.56%
A uni comparison tool (109)
22.66%
An in-person event when available (108)
22.45%