hannahd0236
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
What does everyone think about the new suspect that has been identified regarding her disappearance in 2007?
natasha1503
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I genuinely think that people keep bringing it up and it isn’t letting the family properly move on from the tragedy. They’re being constantly reminded about the nightmare of their daughter’s disappearance. To be fair, there are other things we should be just a bit more concerned about, but I hope that one day they find out what really happened.
kingpin x
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
It's been reported that the suspect is a pedophile? If this is concrete news then maybe there is a chance that they end up getting some legitimate answers. Hopefully there is some closure to this case. I have a feeling she's still alive, but there could also be a very high chance that she has been dead this whole time. Let's just hope it isn't the latter.
hannahd0236
Rep:
?
(Original post by natasha1503)
I genuinely think that people keep bringing it up and it isn’t letting the family properly move on from the tragedy. They’re being constantly reminded about the nightmare of their daughter’s disappearance. To be fair, there are other things we should be just a bit more concerned about, but I hope that one day they find out what really happened.
I agree, like the media keeps blaming her parents so it puts pressure on them. But hopefully, this is the suspect that is responsible so it can put an end to speculation.
hannahd0236
Rep:
?
(Original post by ayyyy.x)
It's been reported that the suspect is a pedophile? If this is concrete news then maybe there is a chance that they end up getting some legitimate answers. Hopefully there is some closure to this case. I have a feeling she's still alive, but there could also be a very high chance that she has been dead this whole time. Let's just hope it isn't the latter.
Oh my god, that is disgusting! I really hope that she is found alive but I don't think there is a high chance that she is. I really don't know what happened on the night she disappeared, I think many people would like to know; was she abducted and then s*xually assualted and then killed?? No one knows.
kingpin x
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by hannahd0236)
Oh my god, that is disgusting! I really hope that she is found alive but I don't think there is a high chance that she is. I really don't know what happened on the night she disappeared, I think many people would like to know; was she abducted and then s*xually assualted and then killed?? No one knows.
Her whole case never added up to me. A 3 year old just vanished like that and there hasn't been any links to actually finding her? Some people blame the parents (I understand why), but I don't think it was them. I really don't. She could have been assaulted and then killed. She could have been abducted and hidden away somehow. She was only 3 years old, so I highly doubt she will still have any recollection of memories. It's a very weird case.
hannahd0236
Rep:
?
(Original post by ayyyy.x)
Her whole case never added up to me. A 3 year old just vanished like that and there hasn't been any links to actually finding her? Some people blame the parents (I understand why), but I don't think it was them. I really don't. She could have been assaulted and then killed. She could have been abducted and hidden away somehow. She was only 3 years old, so I highly doubt she will still have any recollection of memories. It's a very weird case.
Literally, I am confused too. Like why was just Madeleine taken? Why not her brother and sister as well? I mean I don't know what to think. Some people say her parents drugged her in her sleep and hid her body in the boot of their car as sniffer dogs could smell Madeleine's blood. I watched the documentary and it was clear to me that it was blaming the parents.
Beanbag2
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
What does everyone think about the new suspect that has been identified regarding her disappearance in 2007?
If he knows anything about her abduction, he should confess. Otherwise he is a gutless coward. I feel sorry for Madeline, but it was her parents own stupidity to go out and leave her alone with her brothers.
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I already gave my views on the other thread, they likely sedated her and she died then was hidden away and never found.

Honestly she is probably better off like that rather than abducted by paedophiles for 13 years, that would be a worse fate.
hannahd0236
Rep:
?
(Original post by Beanbag2)
If he knows anything about her abduction, he should confess. Otherwise he is a gutless coward. I feel sorry for Madeline, but it was her parents own stupidity to go out and leave her alone with her brothers.
The German police think they have the evidence that proves he does know something about her abduction. I think the parents were stupid for leaving the window wide open at the apartment; like why go out knowing you haven't locked the apartment?
Last edited by hannahd0236; 10 months ago
Beanbag2
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
The German police think they have the evidence that proves he does know something about her abduction. I think the parents were stupid for leaving the window wide open at the apartment; like why go out knowing you haven't locked the apartment?
I reckon it was all a scam, you wouldn't believe what some people would do just to get on the telly. They wanted to be famous, so they set the whole thing up. I believe the parents know something about her disappearance.
hannahd0236
Rep:
?
I reckon it was all a scam, you wouldn't believe what some people would do just to get on the telly. They wanted to be famous, so they set the whole thing up. I believe the parents know something about her disappearance.
I think the parents do know something too, but they are scared to say. I mean, they could have been the ones to abduct her, kill her, and hide her body. They might've framed someone so they could cover up what they did. It could have been them all along
Beanbag2
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I think the parents do know something too, but they are scared to say. I mean, they could have been the ones to abduct her, kill her, and hide her body. They might've framed someone so they could cover up what they did. It could have been them all along
Yes, but what sort of sick individuals would do such a thing? If this is true, and though it will be devastating, at least the truth will be known at last. They should both receive prison time for leaving a small child alone, but I'm not sure what crime that would fall under?
hannahd0236
Rep:
?
Yes, but what sort of sick individuals would do such a thing? If this is true, and though it will be devastating, at least the truth will be known at last. They should both receive prison time for leaving a small child alone, but I'm not sure what crime that would fall under?
I'm not sure but I think leaving a child alone is a form of neglect? But they left all the children alone in the house to sleep whilst the apartment was unlocked. I mean if the parents are the ones to have done this all along, they are going to get serious consequences in prison. God knows what they are thinking right now after a suspect has possibly been found.
Beanbag2
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I'm not sure but I think leaving a child alone is a form of neglect? But they left all the children alone in the house to sleep whilst the apartment was unlocked. I mean if the parents are the ones to have done this all along, they are going to get serious consequences in prison. God knows what they are thinking right now after a suspect has possibly been found.
Probably guilt ridden, fearing their secret may become public knowledge. I hope to God, they rot in prison.
hannahd0236
Rep:
?
Probably guilt ridden, fearing their secret may become public knowledge. I hope to God, they rot in prison.
Why do that to your own child? I mean, if the news is that the parents did kill her after her abduction, they should both get life sentences.
Beanbag2
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Why do that to your own child? I mean, if the news is that the parents did kill her after her abduction, they should both get life sentences.
Murder is a terrible thing, but so is neglect. But I don't actually believe they killed her, I reckon they paid someone to do their dirty work for them.
hannahd0236
Rep:
?
Murder is a terrible thing, but so is neglect. But I don't actually believe they killed her, I reckon they paid someone to do their dirty work for them.
Now that is a good point, but who could they have paid?
Beanbag2
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Now that is a good point, but who could they have paid?
Probably some hitman or abductor, that sounds like something from a film, but it does happen in real life.
hannahd0236
Rep:
?
Probably some hitman or abductor, that sounds like something from a film, but it does happen in real life.
It's sickening to hear that you actually pay someone to abduct a child. I just can't understand why they only did it to Madeleine and not the other siblings.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (51)
4.72%
Uncertainty around my education (167)
15.45%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (120)
11.1%
Lack of purpose or motivation (155)
14.34%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (45)
4.16%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (61)
5.64%
Loneliness (91)
8.42%
Financial worries (36)
3.33%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (51)
4.72%
Exposure to negative news/social media (53)
4.9%
Lack of real life entertainment (59)
5.46%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (96)
8.88%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (96)
8.88%

Watched Threads