izzy0426
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm really considering a course somewhere along the lines of environmental science but a lot of courses under this name seem to be more focused on and lead to jobs around monitoring the state of the environment etc. I'm more interested in creating systems, technologies and products or doing physical work that will help the environment. Can anyone who takes an environmental course tell me what theirs is like?
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by izzy0426)
I'm really considering a course somewhere along the lines of environmental science but a lot of courses under this name seem to be more focused on and lead to jobs around monitoring the state of the environment etc. I'm more interested in creating systems, technologies and products or doing physical work that will help the environment. Can anyone who takes an environmental course tell me what theirs is like?
Hi izzy0426

We offer Environmental science here at Hull. you can view details around our course online - https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/undergr...ience-bsc-hons
Hull is in the top 3 UK Universities for research impact in Geography and Environmental studies in the Research Excellence Framework 2014, and is accredited by the Institution of Environmental Sciences.
We offer great opportunities such as the potential of learning to dive as part of our course.

We have the option to chat with a current student at hull through our website. One of our Geography BSc Ambassadors has an interest in conservation and environmental change and has studied some of the modules available on our Environmental Science degree - https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/ask-a-student
She might be able to give you an insight into some of the modules

I hope this is helpful

Emily
PhD History Candidate/Student
izzy0426
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Uni of Hull Students)
Hi izzy0426

We offer Environmental science here at Hull. you can view details around our course online - https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/undergr...ience-bsc-hons
Hull is in the top 3 UK Universities for research impact in Geography and Environmental studies in the Research Excellence Framework 2014, and is accredited by the Institution of Environmental Sciences.
We offer great opportunities such as the potential of learning to dive as part of our course.

We have the option to chat with a current student at hull through our website. One of our Geography BSc Ambassadors has an interest in conservation and environmental change and has studied some of the modules available on our Environmental Science degree - https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/ask-a-student
She might be able to give you an insight into some of the modules

I hope this is helpful

Emily
PhD History Candidate/Student
Thank you very much! Since making this post I've spoken to my A Level teachers who said it sounds like I'm looking for something more biology or chemistry based such as a Biology or Biochemistry degree, do you do 'ask a student' with students from all courses?
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by izzy0426)
Thank you very much! Since making this post I've spoken to my A Level teachers who said it sounds like I'm looking for something more biology or chemistry based such as a Biology or Biochemistry degree, do you do 'ask a student' with students from all courses?
We have a range of students available to talk to through Ask a Student

If you follow the link it will bring up all the students we have available, and by selecting Area of Study you can filter down do areas such as Biology, Biomedical Science, Marine Biology, and Biochemistry.

You can find details about these courses on our website:
Biological Sciences
Biochemistry
Chemistry

We also have a Virtual Open Day on Friday 10th and Saturday 11th July which would give you the opportunity to talk with staff as well as students.

Hope this helps
Emily
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
14.69%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.59%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
4.9%
I need help with my personal statement (58)
40.56%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (36)
25.17%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.1%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
6.99%

Watched Threads