The Student Room Group

Realistic travelling distance to uni?

Hi guys
Ive applies for adult nursing programme and I’m trying to decide how far is ‘doable’ commuting to uni?
The course is FT, fairly study heavy and 50/50 split with theory and placements.
Would you consider travelling 25 miles (approx 40 mins traffic dependant) one way?
I do have a young son so I need to consider this too but I’d appreciate opinions and whether you think is commutable or would be too much on top of keeping a family, house and studying!!
Thanks
Reply 1
I do 30 mins on a bus so 40 seems normal.
Reply 2
Original post by Jem8406
Hi guys
Ive applies for adult nursing programme and I’m trying to decide how far is ‘doable’ commuting to uni?
The course is FT, fairly study heavy and 50/50 split with theory and placements.
Would you consider travelling 25 miles (approx 40 mins traffic dependant) one way?
I do have a young son so I need to consider this too but I’d appreciate opinions and whether you think is commutable or would be too much on top of keeping a family, house and studying!!
Thanks

Yes definitely, not too bad.
The house may go out the window a bit but family and study must be the priority.
I always used to clean when I had assignments due, so much procrastination 😂
House used to be so clean but during practice times it used to look like a bomb hit it!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
the wife did that it could take a while in rush hour. hers was about 30 each way.
Reply 4
My commute’s an hour each way from a rural town to a marginally-less-rural campus lol - it’s doable. just leave yourself some time to account for delays/traffic:smile:
Original post by Jem8406
Hi guys
Thanks

Work out how much time you can set aside for travel, F/T course, extra work, house time and son time each day and try to keep to that structure so your son settles into a routine.

I had a business working weekends and evenings plus a caring job 20 hours per week with 2 young kids. It was hard work but was worth it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending