The Student Room Group

Computer Science GCSE. Help.

Alright, I chose my GCSE earlyer this year, and ive always enjoyed computer science (although im really bad at maths). However, now that i am starting my GCSEs early (since corona) Im just really confused. Lots of people say the Computer Science teacher is just bad. I still have time to switch my GCSEs but i really like computer science, and it'd take alot of effort to change it.
So what exactly is the question? What kind of help are you looking for? What language are you using? What aspect of CS are you struggling with?
Original post by Helpmedoschool
Alright, I chose my GCSE earlyer this year, and ive always enjoyed computer science (although im really bad at maths). However, now that i am starting my GCSEs early (since corona) Im just really confused. Lots of people say the Computer Science teacher is just bad. I still have time to switch my GCSEs but i really like computer science, and it'd take alot of effort to change it.

If you enjoy it you should do it. I found using Seneca helpful for my computer science GCSE.
Original post by Helpmedoschool

I'm not supposed to say this, but my teachers weren't that great. And i'm not that great at maths either. but when I was taking my GCSE's, very little of it was actually math based, the only bit was converting binary hex and decimal, which is a small portion of the course and can be easily googled and memorised. As for the bad teacher, if you do really like computer science, you'll tend to find yourself applying it to the real world, it feels great being able to answer tech based questions, and almost all of the content can be self taught. I think it is a great option, I was behind in computer science at the start but I began coding little projects at home and looking up stuff, and now I'm doing it for A-level and have no regrets.

You should believe in yourself. (also computer science can make you A LOT of money)
Original post by Edwards8925
I basically self-taught Computer Science GCSE course and got a 9. Just get the CGP guide, it talks you through all of it.

Do you think that's possible for someone who's awful at computer science tho? I'm in year 10 and all my programming projects marks are rubbish (5/15, 4/10). Not done a proper theory exam yet tho. I only picked it because my other choices had either been too full or didn't fit with my schedule. I'm predicted a 7/8 and want to get that but I'm so **** at it. I get the theory part but not the programming projects at all.

Quick Reply

Latest