dikshajassi
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello, I will be starting uni in September 2020 at Royal Holloway. Does anyone know how much would it cost to commute from Hillingdon to the campus? Also would it be cheaper to live on campus instead?
Thank you!
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
commuting will be cheaper, invariably, but you need to work out the route since we don't know where you live or if you have a car, and then you can calculate train prices/fuel/etc
dikshajassi
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by HoldThisL)
commuting will be cheaper, invariably, but you need to work out the route since we don't know where you live or if you have a car, and then you can calculate train prices/fuel/etc
Thank you for replying! I just wanted to know because when I went for an open day that the train prices from Feltham to Egham were pretty expensive. So I was wondering if there is a student discount that I could get?
Free81
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
There's a 16-25 rail card you can get that gives you discounted train tix. I'm sure theres a student bank account that offers it as an incentive for joining them - otherwise I think it's £30 per year.
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by dikshajassi)
Thank you for replying! I just wanted to know because when I went for an open day that the train prices from Feltham to Egham were pretty expensive. So I was wondering if there is a student discount that I could get?
you'd get a season ticket, or at the very least one that includes more than a return journey
WestLdnStudent
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Im going rhul aswell 2020 and im travelling from Northolt (right near hillingdon basically). You can go by public transport and will be cheaper than living there but for me its like 2 hrs so ima get a car for uni. Its only 30min from my house The accom in rhul is kinda expensive isnt it 😬
dikshajassi
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by WestLdnStudent)
Im going rhul aswell 2020 and im travelling from Northolt (right near hillingdon basically). You can go by public transport and will be cheaper than living there but for me its like 2 hrs so ima get a car for uni. Its only 30min from my house The accom in rhul is kinda expensive isnt it 😬
Yeah it is pretty expensive. I also wanted to get a car but I think it will add up to the same amount of money regardless because of the high insurance so I dunno 🤔
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (38)
20.88%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (45)
24.73%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (30)
16.48%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (39)
21.43%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (16)
8.79%
I haven't started researching yet (14)
7.69%

Watched Threads