carxlinefxrbes_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Is it worth keeping my GCSE notes for A-levels or should I get rid of them (I want to keep the notebook for a-level notes as there isn't much in it). I'm doing A-level Bio, Chem and English Language. I know a lot of the information at a-level is taught in more depth so don't know whether it's worth just writing new notes in more detail as I go through year 12 and year 13.
eib03
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by carxlinefxrbes_)
Is it worth keeping my GCSE notes for A-levels or should I get rid of them (I want to keep the notebook for a-level notes as there isn't much in it). I'm doing A-level Bio, Chem and English Language. I know a lot of the information at a-level is taught in more depth so don't know whether it's worth just writing new notes in more detail as I go through year 12 and year 13.
Hi,

Can't really comment on your subjects as I do English Literature, Psychology and Law. I kept my GCSE notes for Psychology and English Literature. Whilst they aren't as in depth as the new A-level content it still helps, particulary if it's a complicated thing you're struggling to get. I'd definitely keep them if I were you.
baller30
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i am in year 12 moving onto year 13. i am not doing those sciences but honestly you should keep them coz some of the bio and chem stuff is the same but in way more depth and the exam questions are way harder. so keep the important ones i guess that link to a level.
username5152584
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You should definetly keep biology chemistry maths and English language notes they can be really helpful.
chrismanning0711
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Nah I wouldn't bother, it could actually be detrimental if you use your GCSE notes because you might answer questions in GCSE terms. I just finished my a levels, I did maths, chem and bio, the topics that you do learn that are similar to the ones in GCSE you will do in much greater detail with better vocabulary so GCSE notes are worthless really. Make new notes, do lots of exam questions and you will be good.
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You should keep them for bio and chemistry for at least the summer but you dont need to go over it if you are confident in that material so dont worry. You wont go over gcse material again so if you want to have those notes just in case for a basic foundation, keep it till yr 12 until you dont need them. Defo bin english language though.
chi2
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by carxlinefxrbes_)
If you have revision guides keep those as they're quite helpful for summaries. Helped me with AS biology.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (70)
22.95%
Excited but a bit nervous (135)
44.26%
Not bothered either way (37)
12.13%
I'm really nervous (63)
20.66%

Watched Threads