A quick five minute survey to help my EPQ project :)

Watch
M_J_2468
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
The survey is intended to gather information about public perceptions of the Iraq War and subsequent rise of ISIS. It will only take 5 minutes to fill out as it consists of 10 questions. It would be very helpful for my final essay. The responses will be completely anonymous and no email addresses will be stored.

The survey can be found here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/Z635LMR
Thank you
chibro
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by M_J_2468)
The survey is intended to gather information about public perceptions of the Iraq War and subsequent rise of ISIS. It will only take 5 minutes to fill out as it consists of 10 questions. It would be very helpful for my final essay. The responses will be completely anonymous and no email addresses will be stored.

Thank you
Hey, took the survey. Probably not much help, I know nothing on the matter. Just wanted to ask about how you chose your EPQ and how you're planning on bringing it together and how it's marked. Just wondering as many people i know are planning to do one and i dont quite get the system! :confused: also which a-levels do you take and at which school?
Zimzalabim
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
That's so interesting! Is it part of an abstract or are you using it as a primary source 😊
M_J_2468
Rep:
?
(Original post by chibro)
Hey, took the survey. Probably not much help, I know nothing on the matter. Just wanted to ask about how you chose your EPQ and how you're planning on bringing it together and how it's marked. Just wondering as many people i know are planning to do one and i dont quite get the system! :confused: also which a-levels do you take and at which school?
The EPQ consists of plenty of research and coursework throughout the first year of sixth form where essentially you are expected to independently build an answer to a question or investigation. It can vary depending on your interests or hobbies, for instance my sister wants to become an actor so she had the question "can I create a piece of devised theater?". Depending on your question, you should end up with some tangible evidence that you have answer it - for me it will be a 5,000 word essay. I'm personally very interested in foreign relations as it's something i'm interested in doing at uni so it led me onto this subject matter .

But yea i'd really recommend doing an EPQ, it helps develop essential research skills that will be really useful at uni and will impress universities when it comes to application
M_J_2468
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zimzalabim)
That's so interesting! Is it part of an abstract or are you using it as a primary source 😊
I'll be using it as a primary source I think, hoping that I gather enough responses to make it worthwhile
moso2203
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
v fascinating survey - done and gl with the project!
chibro
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
The EPQ consists of plenty of research and coursework throughout the first year of sixth form where essentially you are expected to independently build an answer to a question or investigation. It can vary depending on your interests or hobbies, for instance my sister wants to become an actor so she had the question "can I create a piece of devised theater?". Depending on your question, you should end up with some tangible evidence that you have answer it - for me it will be a 5,000 word essay. I'm personally very interested in foreign relations as it's something i'm interested in doing at uni so it led me onto this subject matter .

But yea i'd really recommend doing an EPQ, it helps develop essential research skills that will be really useful at uni and will impress universities when it comes to application
interesting, thanks and good luck with your EPQ!
Moonbow
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago

Thank you
Done
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Ooh, that is an interesting survey. Good luck!
Wombatsalamander
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Interesting questions, can I ask what exactly the subject of your EPQ is, it sounds interesting (I’m not doing EPQ myself, just wondered)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (697)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (875)
42.56%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (392)
19.07%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.47%

Watched Threads