Fashion and Textiles

Watch this thread
ishxkhan
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey so I’ve got Fashion and Textiles for my gcse option which I originally wanted photography but it’s limited spaces but uno we move so I’ve got fashion and textiles and I was like you know what might be interesting so I’m like you know what let’s just have a go at it because why not it’s not going to kill me is it. So if you have experiences like honest experiences, pros and cons and could help me pls do. I’m also going into yr10 in September so if anyone wants to be idk gcse study mates or whatever I’m open to it and like talk about how it is then yh why not x but yh sis is struggling

-Ish 💕
unknownuser2001
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I dont do fashion and textiles (im going to year11 next year) but i did do art and my friends did textiles and art and it was pretty similar tbh you create things and sew and stuff you do artist research and you annoate your ideas explain why you chose this blah blah etc and you do final pieces and have a 10 hour exam for your Exam theme which you would do at the end of your course which im assuming is year 11 for you but my friends took it at year 10 but we are getting predicted grades
unknownuser2001
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Tbh i think the only bad thing about practical subjects like textiles is that its SOOOOOOOOOO time consuming and if you do heavy content subjects like triple science its extremely difficult in my opinion to balance them as you need to do loads of revision but on the other hand you need to spend time on your coursework so if you are a person who thinks they'd do more better in non coursework subjects which require revision i would not recommend it
but the good thing is that you dont need to do any revision or create revision materials so yay!
ishxkhan
Rep:
Omg I’m literally so bad at keeping up with coursework but I’m but the no revision is good coz I get stressed easy omg😭
ishxkhan
Rep:
But Thanks I’m just gonna allow it hopefully goes well x
unknownuser2001
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ishxkhan)
Omg I’m literally so bad at keeping up with coursework but I’m but the no revision is good coz I get stressed easy omg😭
Just keep up to date with your coursework NEVER!! leave anything to last minute because you might get a low grade and get that as your predicted if corona happens again!! Always keep up to date and of a good enough standard
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (130)
66.33%
No (44)
22.45%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.22%

Watched Threads