The Witcher is the worst tv series I've ever seen!

Watch this thread
majorajajaja
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Just forced myself throughout the series, may be a bit biased since I've read all the books and played the 3rd game but still, this show sucks. The acting is bad, the cgi is bad, the casting decisions are atrocious especially fringilla and triss, and even Henry Cavill isn't that good. Not to mention that the plot is all over the place, really confusing, and completely insults the Last Wish. The armour was also terrible, people cutting through armour with axes like it's butter, cringe. Also, I'm not racist but I'm sick of diversity in tv shows, especially when it's set in 13th century england. Every episode feels like the end of the season in a really odd way and it doesn't feel good. And it's distorted the whole series for me. Worst fantasy adaptation ever!!
username5211340
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Ok
username4986690
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Each to their own, I really enjoyed it.
majorajajaja
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
Each to their own, I really enjoyed it.
It's entertaining, but it's not good at all.
Raptor Jesus
Badges: 20
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by majorajajaja)
Just forced myself throughout the series, may be a bit biased since I've read all the books and played the 3rd game but still, this show sucks. The acting is bad, the cgi is bad, the casting decisions are atrocious especially fringilla and triss, and even Henry Cavill isn't that good. Not to mention that the plot is all over the place, really confusing, and completely insults the Last Wish. The armour was also terrible, people cutting through armour with axes like it's butter, cringe. Also, I'm not racist but I'm sick of diversity in tv shows, especially when it's set in 13th century england. Every episode feels like the end of the season in a really odd way and it doesn't feel good. And it's distorted the whole series for me. Worst fantasy adaptation ever!!
for me, i havent read the books and i only played the game for a bit
but overall i was a bit confused at first but i found it to be a good series
not the best but satisfactory
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
It isn't set in 13th century england.

I agree with the diversity though it breaks the lore and is very distracting. Triss doesn't have bright red hair in the books but it isn't brown either and she looks too old. She looks older than Yen and Yen is what, twice her age almost?

The timeline was damn near impossible to follow at times, I am glad to have some knowledge of the books or I'd have never managed to follow it.

I thought the casting seemed fine for the most part outside of breaking lore.

The Nildgaardian armour was horrible. Can't expect the Witcher 3 stuff but what they made was so bad. Most of the others outfits were decent though.

I think season 2 will be much better if they keep the timeline rather than scatter it.

And also have Skellige pronounced correctly, that really wound one youtuber up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (24)
38.1%
The paper was reasonable (21)
33.33%
Not feeling great about that exam... (12)
19.05%
It was TERRIBLE (6)
9.52%

Watched Threads