The Student Room Group

Is it worth moving out if classes will go online?

I've got an online viewing this week, and I don't know if my university will do the classes online... It's a complete waste of money moving towards university (I live an hour's bus ride away) if everything will be online, right?
That decision is up to you.
if it were me id put off renting as far as possible. just make sure youd be able to get a room when things go back to normal. if it is one hour a way would be mad to rent anyway you could save a shed load of money
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Ashfire45
I've got an online viewing this week, and I don't know if my university will do the classes online... It's a complete waste of money moving towards university (I live an hour's bus ride away) if everything will be online, right?

Hey @Ashfire45

I think that lectures will be online initially, however you may still have to attend uni for tutorials/workshops which are held in smaller groups.
So it’s up to you if you’d rather stay at home and save money and maybe travel in occasionally if you need to.

As long as you feel you can work efficiently at home then it shouldn’t be a problem for your studies.

Perhaps weigh up the pros and cons and decide, also what if lectures do return later on in the year, would commuting be too much?

I hope this helps you think about it!
Eloise - official student rep
Original post by Ashfire45

Hi,

I think the majority of universities including Reading are taking a blended learning approach at least initially. This could mean large lectures are held online and small workshops would be held in-person to supplement the learning. You probably could commute and this would save money, however, you may not feel as integrated within the university. Personally I work better at uni as this is the right environment for me but if you feel like you work well from home than that is definitely an option!

Hope this helps a bit!
From,

Amina - Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending