AMA I strike for Climate justice

Watch
Lilyeve1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hiya, I've been striking in scotland since September ask me anything.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have you achieved anything?
Lilyeve1
Rep:
?
(Original post by DiddyDec)
Have you achieved anything?
yes! my council declared a climate emergency at one of our strikes as did the local uni.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lilyeve1)
yes! my council declared a climate emergency at one of our strikes as did the local uni.
What does that mean for environmental policy?
Lilyeve1
Rep:
?
What does that mean for environmental policy?
to be honest, the council it self doesn't do anything rn but the city centre is become car free which is a great start!
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
to be honest, the council it self doesn't do anything rn but the city centre is become car free which is a great start!
That is very positive.
Lilyeve1
Rep:
?
That is very positive.
Yeh, it is!
Burridge
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hiya, I've been striking in scotland since September ask me anything.
Hi. Well done. Good on you!

Do you feel as though the coronavirus pandemic will further or hinder the fight against global warming?
Lilyeve1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Burridge)
Hi. Well done. Good on you!

Do you feel as though the coronavirus pandemic will further or hinder the fight against global warming?
a bit of both, we had to do the global strike online in April, which is ashame. however it has given us a fresh start to go forward with a green recovery! such as new jobs in the renewable energy sectors, and pushing things like cycling and electric cars etc
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
a bit of both, we had to do the global strike online in April, which is ashame. however it has given us a fresh start to go forward with a green recovery! such as new jobs in the renewable energy sectors, and pushing things like cycling and electric cars etc
How do you square the use of electric vehicles, which by definition require heavy industry and environmentally damaging extractive technology (lithium mines not exactly being known as clean), with the so called green ethos?
BlueIndigoViolet
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeh, it is!
Good job 👍
Lilyeve1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Napp)
How do you square the use of electric vehicles, which by definition require heavy industry and environmentally damaging extractive technology (lithium mines not exactly being known as clean), with the so called green ethos?
personal I don't know much about electric cars , but the extractive mining is a big issue which we need to solve to become net zero
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
personal I don't know much about electric cars , but the extractive mining is a big issue which we need to solve to become net zero
Ah okay. Next question, do you believe theres actually a chance the planet would become 'net zero' given many developing countries have better things to put their efforts towards? i.e. industrialising rapidly
Lilyeve1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Napp)
Ah okay. Next question, do you believe theres actually a chance the planet would become 'net zero' given many developing countries have better things to put their efforts towards? i.e. industrialising rapidly
personal I believe that is is possible, but not straight away. firstly all developed countries need to become net zero then the developing ones as if the UK for an example has managed to achieve it they should have the tools to help the other countries become net zero.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (171)
44.19%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
11.11%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (32)
8.27%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.45%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.3%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed