My boyfriend hung up on me

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
So, yesterday my boyfriend and I were having a political debate but it quickly changed into a heated argument. He said we’ll talk later and before I could say stop, he hung up on me. I called back after a few minutes of being in a state of shock and when he picked up he pretended like nothing happened. I said excuse me did you hang up on me and he said yeah well the argument was going too far and I didn’t feel like arguing. I then hung up on him while he was saying hello you there. He didn’t even bother calling back. I texted him that we shouldn’t talk at all cos how can he be so hyper over a normal conservation. He read my message but didn’t reply then I asked him why did you cut the phone over nothing. He replied “don’t worry”. So that made me cry like I just said let’s not talk and he’s saying don’t worry. I voice messaged him crying that how can he hang up on me and he hurt my feelings. He voice messaged back saying that “I am sorry I didn’t mean anything”. Then today he texted me saying “whenever you feel to talk to me you can call me”. All of this shows that he doesn’t care for me at all. Cos I can’t tolerate the hanging up of the phone even though he’s done it first time in three years of being together.
MalcolmX
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
was it about black lives matter?
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
You're overreacting.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So, yesterday my boyfriend and I were having a political debate but it quickly changed into a heated argument. He said we’ll talk later and before I could say stop, he hung up on me. I called back after a few minutes of being in a state of shock and when he picked up he pretended like nothing happened. I said excuse me did you hang up on me and he said yeah well the argument was going too far and I didn’t feel like arguing. I then hung up on him while he was saying hello you there. He didn’t even bother calling back. I texted him that we shouldn’t talk at all cos how can he be so hyper over a normal conservation. He read my message but didn’t reply then I asked him why did you cut the phone over nothing. He replied “don’t worry”. So that made me cry like I just said let’s not talk and he’s saying don’t worry. I voice messaged him crying that how can he hang up on me and he hurt my feelings. He voice messaged back saying that “I am sorry I didn’t mean anything”. Then today he texted me saying “whenever you feel to talk to me you can call me”. All of this shows that he doesn’t care for me at all. Cos I can’t tolerate the hanging up of the phone even though he’s done it first time in three years of being together.
I had an answer in mind when I saw the title, but by the time I read the OP have to say my sympathy is with the bf and you are overreacting,

Maybe just take a break from each other for a week and do something more interesting.

Sounds petty and like you want big answers from him and he cant be bothered because its not worth the effort. Maybe sort it out when you get out of lockdown.
--Student
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
He told you that "We'll talk about it later" and put down the phone to avoid an argument. You then phoned him back continuing the argument he was trying to avoid, and then put the phone down on him, because when he did it to you it hurt, so you wanted payback.

You then texted him saying that you shouldn't talk, to which you were surprised when he respected your wishes and didn't message you back. You then asked a question whilst asking him not to talk to you, and got mad at him for responding and started crying.

You then sent him a voice message guilt tripping him whilst crying, when the whole issue was your fault not his. He apologises even though he shouldn't have to just to try clear the air because he cares about you.

You have the gall to say he doesn't care about you at all? :stupid:
Hoodlum123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Get a grip. This is a massive overreaction on your part.
Anonymous #2
Report 5 months ago
I called back after a few minutes of being in a state of shock and when he picked up he pretended like nothing happened. I said excuse me did you hang up on me and he said yeah well the argument was going too far and I didn’t feel like arguing. I then hung up on him while he was saying hello you there. He didn’t even bother calling back.
that was exceptionally petty and you come off as very clingy and insecure, even if him hanging up first was rude
Anonymous #1
(Original post by MalcolmX)
was it about black lives matter?
No, Palestine and Israel.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Bio 7)
You're overreacting.
(Original post by 999tigger)
I had an answer in mind when I saw the title, but by the time I read the OP have to say my sympathy is with the bf and you are overreacting,

Maybe just take a break from each other for a week and do something more interesting.

Sounds petty and like you want big answers from him and he cant be bothered because its not worth the effort. Maybe sort it out when you get out of lockdown.
(Original post by Hoodlum123)
Get a grip. This is a massive overreaction on your part.
that was exceptionally petty and you come off as very clingy and insecure, even if him hanging up first was rude
It did not seem like an overreaction at that time. I have mental health issues as I suffer from depression. I am not saying as an excuse but maybe my depression gets the best of me.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by --Student)
He told you that "We'll talk about it later" and put down the phone to avoid an argument. You then phoned him back continuing the argument he was trying to avoid, and then put the phone down on him, because when he did it to you it hurt, so you wanted payback.

You then texted him saying that you shouldn't talk, to which you were surprised when he respected your wishes and didn't message you back. You then asked a question whilst asking him not to talk to you, and got mad at him for responding and started crying.

You then sent him a voice message guilt tripping him whilst crying, when the whole issue was your fault not his. He apologises even though he shouldn't have to just to try clear the air because he cares about you.

You have the gall to say he doesn't care about you at all? :stupid:
Because he did not say anything on the not talking bit. I felt as if he is okay without me.
Fermion.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
It did not seem like an overreaction at that time. I have mental health issues as I suffer from depression. I am not saying as an excuse but maybe my depression gets the best of me.
I think he just didn't want the argument to escalate? Like maybe he just needed a bit of a breather himself. I agree he shouldn't have hung up on you so abruptly but wouldn't you rather that than the whole thing escalating into a heated argument?
username4313572
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I don't think either of you is in the wrong. It's a simple misunderstanding and making a deal out if nothing. Just text him: sorry I think we both got a bit out of hand. Can we just move on? Or something? Idk I'm a relationship clown why am I even trying to help 😂😂
5hyl33n
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Serenity-M)
I don't think either of you is in the wrong. It's a simple misunderstanding and making a deal out if nothing. Just text him: sorry I think we both got a bit out of hand. Can we just move on? Or something? Idk I'm a relationship clown why am I even trying to help 😂😂
Actually I would make you a relationship genius. That was some good advice! 😁
username4313572
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
Actually I would make you a relationship genius. That was some good advice! 😁
Ooo yay thanks 😁 I'll add that to my CV 😂
5hyl33n
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Ooo yay thanks 😁 I'll add that to my CV 😂
That will make you the winning candidate for the job. Perhaps your boss will also ask for advice??? 😂
dsteele13
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I hang up on my boyfriend all the time. Its a couple thing
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Fermion.)
I think he just didn't want the argument to escalate? Like maybe he just needed a bit of a breather himself. I agree he shouldn't have hung up on you so abruptly but wouldn't you rather that than the whole thing escalating into a heated argument?
(Original post by dsteele13)
I hang up on my boyfriend all the time. Its a couple thing
Thank you for this perspective. I just sometimes feel that I am more emotionally invested than he is. My paranoia is too much because he is my first and I am his 5th or 6th girlfriend.
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
He might have just needed to take a break. I think your overreacting.
Me and my friend argue all the time and end up just hanging up on each other and not talking for a day or so so we can get ourselves together.
dsteele13
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
My husband has slept with more girls than I can count (before we got together of course) and I am paranoid about it all the time. It is completely natural to feel the way you are feeling and the best thing to do is talk about it with him. Try not to worry about the little things
xoxAngel_Kxox
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
So he hung up on you, you didn't like it, so you rang him back and then you ended up hanging up on him?

Wow.

This sounds .. mature.

Look, we all have differences of opinion. If it's something we feel strongly about, it might get heated. You either need to know how to discuss things sensibly, or when to draw a line. When me and my partner 'argue' we discuss, and let each other speak, and then if we can't agree we agree to disagree. And then we move on. There's no point just arguing on and on and on, and you probably need a bit of a break from each other!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (529)
33.91%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (643)
41.22%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (316)
20.26%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.62%

Watched Threads