The Student Room Group

How much do people think/care about annoying promoter type people?

I've just finished my first year and at the beginning of it I got sucked into the void of club promotion foot work, naively thinking that that was a valid way to get into the music industry.

It could of been alright if I hadn't of said so many cringey things in groupchats and just done every stereotypical first year blunder. I think I had so many expectations of uni life, standards I thought I had to live up to and the idea I wanted to be this important person that I actually forgot to be myself. I did meet a lot of friends and learnt an extreme amount. But I just feel so much shame and dread that a whole lot of people got a very weird/bad first impression of me and I can't change that. I also think I would of made better connections if I had been more authentic instead of OTT and intense.

Personally I don't really remember specific people saying cringey things in GCs and I know I'm answering my own question here but I just need to vent and hopefully get reassurance that nobody really cares? Or maybe they do? Do you care? Are promoters the bane of your life? Surely if you're not super cringey in first year you're doing it wrong? Let me know
Honestly, I can't imagine people would really care much.
Original post by Chief Wiggum
Honestly, I can't imagine people would really care much.

Chief Wiggum must be right !
Reply 3
Haha people will forget about those things in no time. We all have cringey pasts, but most of the time people are too busy focusing on themselves (and their own cringey moments) to notice! Also, as the sober flatmate, I can tell you EVERYONE should be ashamed of the way the act in first year :colondollar: there are worse things trust me
What cringy **** did you say and what 1st year blunders are you talking about lmao
Promoters and reps are just boring mostly.

Also they’re usually breaking consumer law with the bs claims about tickets selling out.
Original post by dillydilly999
I've just finished my first year and at the beginning of it I got sucked into the void of club promotion foot work, naively thinking that that was a valid way to get into the music industry.

It could of been alright if I hadn't of said so many cringey things in groupchats and just done every stereotypical first year blunder. I think I had so many expectations of uni life, standards I thought I had to live up to and the idea I wanted to be this important person that I actually forgot to be myself. I did meet a lot of friends and learnt an extreme amount. But I just feel so much shame and dread that a whole lot of people got a very weird/bad first impression of me and I can't change that. I also think I would of made better connections if I had been more authentic instead of OTT and intense.

Personally I don't really remember specific people saying cringey things in GCs and I know I'm answering my own question here but I just need to vent and hopefully get reassurance that nobody really cares? Or maybe they do? Do you care? Are promoters the bane of your life? Surely if you're not super cringey in first year you're doing it wrong? Let me know

They were really annoying to me. However it doesn't define your consequent uni years, you can just stop doing it :smile: Everyone I knew doing it got way too into that role..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending