The Student Room Group

I feel like crying. It looks like I won't be graduating this year

I was supposed to be class of 2020. Is anyone else in the same position? I feel so bad and upset.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I was supposed to be class of 2020. Is anyone else in the same position? I feel so bad and upset.

F****d up badly
Details?
Reply 3
What happened?

Need more details, but:

1, Have a cry.
2. Try and avoid beating yourself up because it makes no difference, just makes you feel worse.
3. Sounds like it hasnt happened yet.
4. If it has happened you cant change it and just need to be patient.
5. Learn from it.
Why aren't you able to graduate?
Is this because graduating ceremony is postponed? You know you still graduate and get your certificate regardless of the ceremony.

Edit :my bad, just try again next year!! A lot of students have been affected by covid
Reply 7
Original post by Hoodlum123
Details?

I just found it so so difficult to learn and study at home. I couldn't complete or hand anything in or do my exams. So I've basically ruined everything for myself
Reply 8
Original post by 999tigger
Need more details, but:

1, Have a cry.
2. Try and avoid beating yourself up because it makes no difference, just makes you feel worse.
3. Sounds like it hasnt happened yet.
4. If it has happened you cant change it and just need to be patient.
5. Learn from it.

Thank you for your advice
I found it really difficult to learn and study at home. I couldn't complete or hand anything in (essays, dissertation) or do my online exams. So I've basically ruined everything for myself
Reply 9
Original post by LovelyMrFox
What happened?

just found it so so difficult to learn and study at home. I couldn't complete or hand anything in or do my exams. So I've basically ruined everything for myself
Original post by Fermion.
Why aren't you able to graduate?

Everything is too late to hand in now. just found it so so difficult to learn and study at home. I couldn't complete or hand anything in or do my exams. So I've basically ruined everything for myself.
Reply 11
just found it so so difficult to learn and study at home. I couldn't complete or hand anything in or do my exams. So I've basically ruined everything for myself

Is there a reason? Too much distraction, not the same environment your used to, etc?
Everything is too late to hand in now. just found it so so difficult to learn and study at home. I couldn't complete or hand anything in or do my exams. So I've basically ruined everything for myself.

It is unclear .
What have you messed up?
Is this the UK?
Is this university or school? What year?

You are upset, but I think you may be getting it out of proportion.
Please explain your situation because at the moment im getting a lot of woe is me, but not enough details. I assume you want some advice on how to make best of the situation?
The good news is that this year there is likely to be more leniency. Yes, people will have had to learn at home, and that will have brought a unique set of challenges. For example overcrowded houses due to everyone being home at the same time, nowhere quiet to study, poor internet connection, mental health issues due to lockdown and the situation in general .. etc.

You need to pin down EXACTLY why you struggled to work. If it's just a lack of discipline then there's not much they can do apart from perhaps offer you summer resubmissions, however if there are genuine reasons then you can perhaps resubmit uncapped, resit the year, or come to another arrangement.

All is NOT LOST, but you first need to speak to your university to find a way to move forward. They want you to graduate, it looks better for their stats if nothing else!
Original post by 999tigger
It is unclear .
What have you messed up?
Is this the UK?
Is this university or school? What year?

You are upset, but I think you may be getting it out of proportion.
Please explain your situation because at the moment im getting a lot of woe is me, but not enough details. I assume you want some advice on how to make best of the situation?

I was in my final year of university in the UK . I have messed up because I didn't hand anything in (dissertation, assignments) or sit my online exams. So I feel it's too late now to hand anything in because it's June now anyway
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
The good news is that this year there is likely to be more leniency. Yes, people will have had to learn at home, and that will have brought a unique set of challenges. For example overcrowded houses due to everyone being home at the same time, nowhere quiet to study, poor internet connection, mental health issues due to lockdown and the situation in general .. etc.

You need to pin down EXACTLY why you struggled to work. If it's just a lack of discipline then there's not much they can do apart from perhaps offer you summer resubmissions, however if there are genuine reasons then you can perhaps resubmit uncapped, resit the year, or come to another arrangement.

All is NOT LOST, but you first need to speak to your university to find a way to move forward. They want you to graduate, it looks better for their stats if nothing else!

Thank you so much for your advice
I was in my final year of university in the UK . I have messed up because I didn't hand anything in (dissertation, assignments) or sit my online exams. So I feel it's too late now to hand anything in because it's June now anyway

And you didnt hand in any work or do the exams because?
Have you talked to the uni?
Did you just vanish?

Presumably there was a reason and you have some sort of MH issues? You need to give me more context so I can understand your situation if you want me to advise you on how to handle it.

Unless you talk to people and share your situation, then people cant help you. You might feel its just you, but honestly it happens to lots of people. Its not the end of the world and can be sorted out. Graduating isnt that interesting, but your health is.

If you dont do the exams or hand any work in, theres a good chance the uni will notice, so in a way this is a choice you have made including not to graduate.

Get your mh sorted and then do the year again if they will let you.
Go and see your GP.
(edited 3 years ago)

Why didn’t you tell the university you were struggling then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending