Sheffield vs Loughborough vs Newcastle university

Watch
ricardo_cards
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi everyone! My name is Ricardo and I'm from Portugal. I applied for the chemical engineering course, and I was accepted, however I don't know which university to chose! Which one is better? University of Sheffield, Loughborough university or Newcastle university?

PS: I need a place where I can have a part-time job
trisha213
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by ricardo_cards)
Hi everyone! My name is Ricardo and I'm from Portugal. I applied for the chemical engineering course, and I was accepted, however I don't know which university to chose! Which one is better? University of Sheffield, Loughborough university or Newcastle university?

I'm applying to Newcastle so I'm going to be biased and say chose this haha. I'd recommend doing some research on the city the uni is in to make sure it's the right one for you as I have done this and has helped me a lot
Rajwardhan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
well..
for chemical engineering, I've heard that Sheffield is better off than Newcastle and Loughborough. Loughborough is well known for its aeronautical engineering .. but for chemical, I feel Sheffield would be a better choice...
Hope it helps
Loughborough University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by ricardo_cards)

Hi ricardo_cards,

Congratulations on your offers! Ultimately you need to decide which university is the best for you. Have you gone through each of the courses in detail to look at the module choice available to you and additional opportunities like placement years? This may help you in narrowing down which course is the best fit for you as well as the uni itself. Try making a list of what you want out of university and see where each of these match up to this, hopefully this will help in informing which choice is the 'best' for you.

Part-time job opportunities at Loughborough are plentiful. We have a number of roles available all year round within our Students Union and other businesses on campus. Plus as a student at Loughborough you can also apply to become a Student Ambassador.

Any further questions about Loughborough feel free to PM us or quote on here.
Best Wishes,
Emily
chrismanning0711
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I was choosing between Sheffield and Lough for chem eng, I've put Sheffield down. Look at online reviews for each unis, the modules - e.g. Sheffield focus more on Biochemical engineering and alternative energy, Sheffield is city whereas Lough is campus dont know about Newcastle. Lough give out lots of student jobs and Sheffield have a student job finding service. Ultimately they are all good unis, so go with whichever one you prefer to live and study.
emilykelly6061
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Which university did you end up picking? I know somebody who is doing chemical engineering at Sheffield and would be interested in making some friends
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (49)
16.23%
I'm not sure (8)
2.65%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (103)
34.11%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.32%
I'm not a current university student (138)
45.7%

Watched Threads