Politics and Economics at QMUL vs PPE at LSE

Watch
hustlr
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hey I’m a prospective student and am looking at the best options for me, I’m interested in quite a few courses but I’m really confused at what to pick.

Two courses which caught my attention was the Politics and Economics course at QMUL and the Philosophy, Politics and Economics degree at LSE.

Can anyone tell me important information about these?
What are your impressions on these and which do you recommend I strive toward?

Lastly and most importantly, what careers am I open to by taking this degree?

It’s been on my mind for quite a while now and I didn’t really know who to ask hopefully someone can help.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
LSE is one of the best universities in the country.
PL1234
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by hustlr)
Hey I’m a prospective student and am looking at the best options for me, I’m interested in quite a few courses but I’m really confused at what to pick.

Two courses which caught my attention was the Politics and Economics course at QMUL and the Philosophy, Politics and Economics degree at LSE.

Can anyone tell me important information about these?
What are your impressions on these and which do you recommend I strive toward?

Lastly and most importantly, what careers am I open to by taking this degree?

It’s been on my mind for quite a while now and I didn’t really know who to ask hopefully someone can help.
I agree with the other reply that considering that you seem happy to remain in London, defo favour LSE because of its prestige and also it’s a nicer area than QMUL
Economics at LSE is always a boost but this means you’ll have to favour it in options(idk whether that’s a thing or not where you pick 2 options in the second year to focus on)
But a degree in either of those 3 from a good institution can probably allow jobs in consulting or civil service or finance.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (644)
33.51%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (814)
42.35%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.67%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.47%

Watched Threads