The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Definitely wear darker tights.

I'd do the bending-over-and-sitting-down test too, just to be sure you wouldn't be showing anyone anything that you wouldn't want to :wink:
Reply 21
Lovely skirt. :smile:
But I think it is a tad too short for college,
Reply 22
Too short for my liking :redface:
Tufts
Too short for my liking :redface:

:yep: I agree!
Reply 24
Id be so uncomfortable wearing it and wondering if some seedy perv was about to approach me and offer a tenner for a blow job.
BrightGirl
PS. On a side note, had a look online, and the Tall section is absolutely rubbish, there's like no choice at all. :rolleyes: I'll just be ignoring it...

I love the Topshop Tall section - being 5'10" it's the only place I can buy properly fitting, nice trousers. It has loads of choice whenever I look and they have other stuff in store. Yeah, I shop in their tall range 90% of the time I buy trousers (I should probably shop there for tops too... There're only so many high-waisted trousers you can wear a week...)

As for the skirt, do you feel comfortable in it?
In my somewhat reserved opinion, it's too short for a supposedly 'professional' learning environment.

In other words, it's pretty short, especially for college...
A bit too short for college but it's nice
Bear_Grylls
topshop have a TALL section? haha

It looks nice on you, but when your sitting down, it probably is going to be to short. Id suggest you go elsewhere, as topshop dont cater for tall people, theyre not the only shop which sells skirts.

:eek: They go up to a 38" inside leg! I wear 34" and most shop's 'long' trousers are 33" :mad: Hehe, yes I love Toshop, mainly because I can only go there and one other shop to get long enough trousers... Haven't tried the tops yet as I just try to buy longer styles of tops.

However, shopping online for the Tall range is better, they don't tend to have much of it in store (or at least the one near me lol).
i have that skirt
its longer on me though...

edit: i think i have the shirt too (is it from newlook?)
Reply 30
steffi.alexa
:eek: They go up to a 38" inside leg! I wear 34" and most shop's 'long' trousers are 33" :mad: Hehe, yes I love Toshop, mainly because I can only go there and one other shop to get long enough trousers... Haven't tried the tops yet as I just try to buy longer styles of tops.

However, shopping online for the Tall range is better, they don't tend to have much of it in store (or at least the one near me lol).

Y'know...some of us have issues with 38" trousers. I actually had to undo the hems on 'em to get 'em to fit. Then again, I suppose that just means I have freakishly long legs.

Personally, I don't particularly like that skirt because I'm a fan of darker washes, but that said you do pull it off. It's a bit short for college, sure, but it'd still look alright for when you're not encased in a prison of revision notes!
Reply 31
I would.
Reply 32
steffi.alexa
I love the Topshop Tall section - being 5'10" it's the only place I can buy properly fitting, nice trousers. It has loads of choice whenever I look and they have other stuff in store. Yeah, I shop in their tall range 90% of the time I buy trousers (I should probably shop there for tops too... There're only so many high-waisted trousers you can wear a week...)

As for the skirt, do you feel comfortable in it?

:frown: In my local store there's literally like 1 teeny rail of it.
I feel fine in the skirt, but reading some replies, I am starting to agree, it perhaps is a bit short...

atoms4peace
i have that skirt
its longer on me though...

edit: i think i have the shirt too (is it from newlook?)

Tis a lovely skirt :yep:
Nope, the shirts from Topshop too...as is the bag...and shoes...
Suddenly I feel so mainstream. :o:

I'm going shopping at the weekend, so maybe i'll pick up some mid-thigh ones...they should be long enough. Below the knee/on the knee skirts really don't suit me at all. :frown:
punktopia
I would.
..........wear it? :wink: :p:
Reply 34
Undo your top buttons a bit more.
Etai Yazi
Y'know...some of us have issues with 38" trousers. I actually had to undo the hems on 'em to get 'em to fit. Then again, I suppose that just means I have freakishly long legs.

Wow, that is long! Nothing wrong with long legs though.
I can't see the pics! Someone link me? :smile: Please?
Where's the picture??
Reply 38
Ilora-Danon
..........wear it? :wink: :p:

Damn straight. :cool:
For everyday it's fine - but for college it's abit short

Latest