The Student Room Group

Southampton or Bristol for Medicine?

Hi!

So I’m having a bit of a crisis trying to decide where to go to uni (for Medicine). I’ve narrowed it down to Southampton and Bristol and my offers are the same for each. Would love to hear anyone’s experience of studying at either, (particularly re. student selected components) and also what prompted you to choose that med school. Really anything - campus, accommodation, societies, course structure, approachability of both staff and student body etc - would be of so much help.

Oh, and any graduates/5th years who can comment on preparedness for practice and fpas points, please do!!

Thanks in advance :smile:
Try to look at entry requirements and their criteria for the last cohort and see which one you would shine in. And obviously look for past student reviews of the uni.
Original post by indiangego
Try to look at entry requirements and their criteria for the last cohort and see which one you would shine in. And obviously look for past student reviews of the uni

Ooops my bad for not making this clear; I’ve already applied. I meant I’ve narrowed it down to Bristol and Southampton from all the offers and am deciding which to firm.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending