ewpfs
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Up until lockdown I was extremely motivated. I got great GCSEs and went to college excited to do work. I've done well in college up until now.

Since lockdown has began I've lost all motivation. Part of this comes from tje fact that my teachgers are setting absurd amounts of work and part comes from the fact that the material just bores me now. I've gone from A*s to Bs because I'm wriiting essays on units I haven't even glanced at and I have over 25 assignments on teams.

Does anyone else feel like just giving up on A-Levels?
chi2
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ewpfs)
Up until lockdown I was extremely motivated. I got great GCSEs and went to college excited to do work. I've done well in college up until now.

Since lockdown has began I've lost all motivation. Part of this comes from tje fact that my teachgers are setting absurd amounts of work and part comes from the fact that the material just bores me now. I've gone from A*s to Bs because I'm wriiting essays on units I haven't even glanced at and I have over 25 assignments on teams.

Does anyone else feel like just giving up on A-Levels?
Many people are going through the same thing, even if most don't say they're struggling

It's certainly hard to adjust to this new way of working (which is hopefully temporary!), but try to not let it demotivate you. Maybe look at the work you need to do and find something you will most enjoy doing? That way it can be a little easier to begin the work, which I find is typically the hardest part of independent study!

Maybe look at alternative ways to engage with your work, if you don't have lessons on zoom then perhaps look at more interactive/animated ways of learning - where you could even just sit in bed with your laptop and just watch some YouTube videos related? Because I sometimes even find it hard to just get out of bed and sit at my desk lol.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (202)
43.72%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (52)
11.26%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
7.58%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (98)
21.21%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (48)
10.39%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.84%

Watched Threads