Training contracts applications

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
If I applied for a training contract at a firm which funded our LPC and they accepted me, but the training contract began in 2023 however I graduate from my undergraduate degree in 2021, do you think the firm would fund for me to study/take the LPC in 2021-2022 or 2022-2023 or would I most likely have to do the LPC whilst doing the training contract?

I ask this because if I have a gap in between my undergrad degree ending and the start of the training contract I would much rather do my LPC in that time, however, I heard from many people (not sure if what they said is accurate) that if a firm is to fund your lpc they prefer to do it whilst your actually carrying out the training contract.

I feel like half of this didn't make sense...sorry :/ but I would appreciate any input/advice.

Thank you.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If I applied for a training contract at a firm which funded our LPC and they accepted me, but the training contract began in 2023 however I graduate from my undergraduate degree in 2021, do you think the firm would fund for me to study/take the LPC in 2021-2022 or 2022-2023 or would I most likely have to do the LPC whilst doing the training contract?

I ask this because if I have a gap in between my undergrad degree ending and the start of the training contract I would much rather do my LPC in that time, however, I heard from many people (not sure if what they said is accurate) that if a firm is to fund your lpc they prefer to do it whilst your actually carrying out the training contract.

I feel like half of this didn't make sense...sorry :/ but I would appreciate any input/advice.

Thank you.
If you write to a firm, then you must proof read what you have written because that was terrible.

If you are a law graduate and successfully apply for 2023, then if the fund LPC you are ofc entitled to ask them for assistance. 2020 is the last year it will be officially run before the SQE comes into play, but it should still run alongside it as there will be people with GDL.

Check with the firm beforehand to understand what its policy is and whether they are ok with the LPC or want you to do the SQE. Their money and their choice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.49%
I'm not sure (51)
4.53%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (331)
29.42%
I have already dropped out (34)
3.02%
I'm not a current university student (546)
48.53%

Watched Threads