Emotional connection or sexual connection?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
If a relationship has less or lack of genuine emotional connection but lots of sexual intimacy, what are the chances of it actually being long lasting and a good relationship?

Or is emotional connection necessary? What if theres little to no emotional connect between the partners but tons of sexual activity?
naturally_clown
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
the chnaces of being long if it has only a sexual connection is not too long, soon its gonna be tiring with the same same thing over and over again. The relationship should have a sexual and emotional connection not just 1 or else it won't work.
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Emotional will always lead to a longer, healthier relationship
Issakatie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah an emotional connection is very important for a romantic relationship, because what's going to happen when you lose your sex drives if it's mostly sexual? It's probably a bit more important you enjoy being with them and emotionally & intellectually connect with them, for a long lasting relationship.
saskiax
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It doesn't sound like a relationship, more like a fb situation. I think it could get boring quite quickly and you'd be looking for something more fulfilling.
Fermion.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Imagine how boring such a relationship would be that lacks emotional connection. So basically you would only be interested in each other when you're ****ing.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
In my experience an emotional connection leads to an ever better sexual connection than the instances where sexual connection was enough by itself. In other words, emotions enhance the sexual experience.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Fermion.)
Imagine how boring such a relationship would be that lacks emotional connection. So basically you would only be interested in each other when you're ****ing.
What if its is going for more than 10 months? Il1 year? Its obviously not boring??
Fermion.
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It doesnt matter how long it’s going on for? It’s not hard to f*ck somebody for months. I personally would not be in a relationship that lacks emotional connection.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Fermion.)
It doesnt matter how long it’s going on for? It’s not hard to f*ck somebody for months. I personally would not be in a relationship that lacks emotional connection.
But why?
Fermion.
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Because I need emotional connection.
username5161072
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What do you mean why? Have you had an emotional connection in a relationship?
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
From my own experience of relationships, sex becomes less frequent over time, so you can't have a relationship that is based on that alone.

When I first got with my partner 3 years ago, we would have sex pretty much every time I went to his house once we'd done it the first time, then when we moved in together it became less frequent because it's less exciting, and also there's other things to do in life that have to be a priority! So although we do have sex, it's much less than at the start, and if we didn't have a deeper connection, we wouldn't still be together.
twinklelittlstar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh jeez don’t tell me you’re the same OP from last time :/
username5133584
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think in sex-based relations there’s likely to be less emphasis on seeing one another outside of having sex. People who go into casual sex relationships are looking for just that, after all, or they wouldn’t be in them. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with this either and don’t understand the stigma around it, people can do as they please as long as both involved are on the same page x I just think there’s much less stopping somebody from leaving a person if they become unsatisfied, or they find someone else more attractive/someone else shows interest in them, if they’re not involved emotionally.
Personally, I think having an emotional connection as well is better, and can even lead to better sex. Some of the aspects of my sexual life I wouldn’t ever do with someone I didn’t trust/didn’t have an emotional connection with x
Overall, it probably depends on the people involved and what they want x
Last edited by username5133584; 1 year ago
ItsmeIamback
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ishih-tzunot)
I think in sex-based relations there’s likely to be less emphasis on seeing one another outside of having sex. People who go into casual sex relationships are looking for just that, after all, or they wouldn’t be in them. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with this either and don’t understand the stigma around it, people can do as they please as long as both involved are on the same page x I just think there’s much less stopping somebody from leaving a person if they become unsatisfied, or they find someone else more attractive/someone else shows interest in them, if they’re not involved emotionally.
Personally, I think having an emotional connection as well is better, and can even lead to better sex. Some of the aspects of my sexual life I wouldn’t ever do with someone I didn’t trust/didn’t have an emotional connection with x
Overall, it probably depends on the people involved and what they want x
So an emotional connection can lead to a better sexual connection? Interesting 🤔

Makes sense though
username5133584
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ItsmeIamback)
So an emotional connection can lead to a better sexual connection? Interesting 🤔

Makes sense though
I think there’s a few articles about it on the internet actually. But ultimately it probably all depends on the people involved.
For me, I just wouldn’t feel comfortable engaging in some sexual acts, without going into detail on a student forum :laugh: , with someone I don’t trust, but there’s people who are open to doing anything in more casual relationships, and while that’s not me I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that either
Last edited by username5133584; 1 year ago
ItsmeIamback
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ishih-tzunot)
I think there’s a few articles about it on the internet actually. But ultimately it probably all depends on the people involved.
For me, I just wouldn’t feel comfortable engaging in some acts, without going into detail on a student forum :laugh: , with someone I don’t trust, but there’s people who are open to doing anything in more casual relationships, and while that’s not me I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that either
For me it’s a private and emotional act I would only do in a serious relationship
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (97)
39.43%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
10.98%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.32%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.17%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.2%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed