The Student Room Group

A-Level Maths Algebraic Fractions Question

Hi,
I've had a couple of goes at this question now, and keep getting stuck, so was wondering if anyone could help.
Thank you in advance :biggrin:52FC1FD1-DE44-47AA-9C21-55058548E753_4_5005_c.jpeg
(The arrows are mean to be multiplication symbols and the three dots represents an identity sign)
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by pashionfruiit
Hi,
I've had a couple of goes at this question now, and keep getting stuck, so was wondering if anyone could help.
Thank you in advance :biggrin:52FC1FD1-DE44-47AA-9C21-55058548E753_4_5005_c.jpeg
(The arrows are mean to be multiplication symbols and the three dots represents an identity sign)

Hi

Have you factorised and cancelled things out? Post your workings so far if you would. I've done it but as the rules say don't post solutions I think I could only give you advice on where to go next..

The first and third fraction cancel a term each and the third term cancels with one from the first fraction. Then you can rejig a term in the second fraction using a negative to cancel with a term in the first fraction. See if that helps.

Quick Reply

Latest