?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
anYONE?
sherlockgirl321
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It depends if you do Dissertation or Artefact.
girlpersonhuman
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
(Original post by sherlockgirl321)
It depends if you do Dissertation or Artefact.
I don't know the difference?
username5304322
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by curiousperson123)
I don't know the difference?
A dissertation is a long essay on a particular subject whilst an artefact is an object which you make.
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
for a diss, how to:
- read and cite academic resources
- structure a long piece of writing (i'll never write a longer essay at university)
- dedicate time outside normal study to some relatively extensive research work
girlpersonhuman
Rep:
?
(Original post by AM.TSR)
A dissertation is a long essay on a particular subject whilst an artefact is an object which you make.
Oh wait that obvious :damnmate:
rae52
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For me the biggest thing was time management, for a large project like an EPQ it's really important to have a good idea of where you should be at, and how long you expect to spend completing various sections.

I did an EPQ (Artefact) and thoroughly enjoyed it, plus picking something relevant to your degree subject or career interests gives you loads to talk about in applications and interviews.
56789fghj
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rae52)
For me the biggest thing was time management, for a large project like an EPQ it's really important to have a good idea of where you should be at, and how long you expect to spend completing various sections.

I did an EPQ (Artefact) and thoroughly enjoyed it, plus picking something relevant to your degree subject or career interests gives you loads to talk about in applications and interviews.
I want to do an Artefact, do you have any tips
rae52
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 56789fghj)
I want to do an Artefact, do you have any tips
What subject are you thinking of doing it based on? I built a 'robot' using a raspberry pi which gave me loads to write about like what language I was going to use, design etc. Remember even though it's an Artefact there is still quite a bit of writing and you need to be able to justify all of your method. Make sure you pick something where you can talk about decisions you made, i.e. I knew I was going to write the code in C but in my discussion I wrote as though I hadn't decided and evaluated the pros and cons of a few languages.

I would say the most important thing is to keep on top of it; because it's less structured than other courses I know so many people who quit halfway through or got a really low grade because they didn't put the effort in.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (17)
16.04%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (32)
30.19%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (10)
9.43%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (12)
11.32%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (5)
4.72%
I think it's an unfair expectation (28)
26.42%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.89%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed