Would you judge someone for having social anxiety ??

Watch
Hannahzx
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I feel like sometimes people judge me for it and think I’m weird . I find it quite difficult during social interactions as I’m constantly overthinking everything and I’m very socially anxious . Even my family lowkey judge me for it and just tell me to loosen up or just speak up as if it’s that easy
Miss Maddie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
No!

I would judge them for they're managing it. If he's living in denial I would judge him. If he taking steps to seek help and improve I wouldn't judge. I would be impressed.
SuperiorPotato
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
No way. There is no reason to judge in fact I think it would help you if you keep in mind that no one cares. As harsh as that sounds it helps, just think to yourself that everyone is busy with their own things so no one will judge you
Spoiler:
Show
It helped me anyways:dontknow:
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
people will notice anxious people behave weirdly/in a way that causes them unnecessary embarrassment and they'll probably have opinions on how you could improve yourself, but they won't think of social anxiety in the same negative light as being antisocial or rude because they generally realise it's an innocent personality flaw

it's more like observing than judging
FrazierThriller
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Not one bit! Especially because I relate to so many experiences of the sometimes daunting experiences that socially anxious people face.
_aNtArCtIcA_
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
it's unfair if people judge you for having social anxiety - i for one suffer heavily with it around strangers, and just going out in general. They may not understand because they're not experiencing it the way you do, but don't ever think you're weird because of it. It's normal, and know you're not alone

Spoiler:
Show
i can't at all go into the philosophical or scientific explanations but know that you come first, and that in the end it's only your opinion that matters
999tigger
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Hannahzx)
I feel like sometimes people judge me for it and think I’m weird . I find it quite difficult during social interactions as I’m constantly overthinking everything and I’m very socially anxious . Even my family lowkey judge me for it and just tell me to loosen up or just speak up as if it’s that easy
Nope if I knew or suspected I would make more allowance and put more effort in to make sure they were ok.
The Mogg
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Hannahzx)
And why would I judge one of my own?! Social anxiety and introversion in general can be a b****, and I know what you're on about, my family are a family of extroverts and I do often feel they look down on me somewhat for being socially anxious. Even on TSR I lowkey get anxious when quoted or tagged :lol:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (593)
34.1%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.4%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
19.95%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.54%

Watched Threads