I just set up a fish tank; AMA

Watch this thread
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I was bored, decided my fish deserve a bigger tank, and bought a 10 gallon fish tank off Amazon. I set the tank up and just moved my fish in, AMA.
HoldThisL
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
are the fish vibing harder
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Awwww can we have pictures?
Foxehh
Rep:
(Original post by HoldThisL)
are the fish vibing harder
No, the one keeps flaring at the other one. Basically hes trying to beat the other up 🤦
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
I was bored, decided my fish deserve a bigger tank, and bought a 10 gallon fish tank off Amazon. I set the tank up and just moved my fish in, AMA.
What types have you got?
username5304322
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Have you ever considered going on Shark Tank?
Foxehh
Rep:
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Awwww can we have pictures?
Of course! I still need some stuff to come in, so its basically just a big tank, a filter, a divider, and some rocks.
Ill post a picture when the tank actually looks presentable :lol:
Foxehh
Rep:
(Original post by Muttley79)
What types have you got?
One galaxy kio betta and a halfmoon betta ( there is a divider in the middle ).
Hopefully when lockdown ends I can go to the petshop and get some snails, or maybe a pleco.
Foxehh
Rep:
(Original post by AM.TSR)
Have you ever considered going on Shark Tank?
No, I dont have a creative business idea :lol:
Matrix123
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I just looked up those fish types and the galaxy one looks so flamboyant, I bet it's a right diva :groovy: What are their names?
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
One galaxy kio betta and a halfmoon betta ( there is a divider in the middle ).
Hopefully when lockdown ends I can go to the petshop and get some snails, or maybe a pleco.
What colour are they? Would they fight if they were together?
Foxehh
Rep:
(Original post by Matrix123)
I just looked up those fish types and the galaxy one looks so flamboyant, I bet it's a right diva :groovy: What are their names?
They're my favorite type of bettas. I luckily found a breeder and was able to buy one from him
The Galaxy koi is Galakoi ( I know, I know, such a creative name ) and the halfmoon is Tsunami.
NA_03
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Ouuuu, can we see pics of them pls x
Foxehh
Rep:
(Original post by Muttley79)
What colour are they? Would they fight if they were together?
The halfmoon is a pearl white with some pink around the edges, and the galaxy koi is kind of hard to explain. Its like their tie dye of blue, red, white and black scales.
Bettas are also called Siamese Fighting Fish, so I think you can make your own assumptions :lol:
username4969948
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Will it accommodate a sunfish?
Matrix123
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
They're my favorite type of bettas. I luckily found a breeder and was able to buy one from him
The Galaxy koi is Galakoi ( I know, I know, such a creative name ) and the halfmoon is Tsunami.
Ooh that's lucky! Galakoi sounds like skme kind of heroic gladiator I think it's a cool name Tsunami is such a nice name, is rhe halfmoon one of those ones with the slight blue accent to them? If Tsunami is then oh my gaaaaaaaad, that is amazing!!!
Foxehh
Rep:
(Original post by Kitten in boots)
Will it accommodate a sunfish?
That seems like an overall bad idea :lol:
Foxehh
Rep:
(Original post by Matrix123)
Ooh that's lucky! Galakoi sounds like skme kind of heroic gladiator I think it's a cool name Tsunami is such a nice name, is rhe halfmoon one of those ones with the slight blue accent to them? If Tsunami is then oh my gaaaaaaaad, that is amazing!!!
It does, right?! That was my intentions!
The halfmoons are just the kind of fish, not the colour. Tsunami does have a slight blue accent though
Foxehh
Rep:
(Original post by NA_03)
Ouuuu, can we see pics of them pls x
Of course!
I really hope the photos work this time, because Ive had problems with files lately on TSR

Spoiler:
Show
Name:  20200605_161059.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  48.8 KB
That is the galaxy koi. The camera quality is a bit bad, sorry. She wouldnt sit still for a picture

Spoiler:
Show
Name:  20200402_163920.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  170.2 KB
This is the halfmoon. I feel like Im going to get someone telling me he looks dead, but his past owner kept him with other bettas. They beat him up a lot, so his fins are messed up. He doesnt look too much like a halfmoon since his fins are the way they are, but thats what the owner told me he was. Again, sorry for the camera quality. There was a glare to the glass.
NA_03
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Of course!
I really hope the photos work this time, because Ive had problems with files lately on TSR

Spoiler:
Show
Name:  20200605_161059.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  48.8 KB
That is the galaxy koi. The camera quality is a bit bad, sorry. She wouldnt sit still for a picture

Spoiler:
Show
Name:  20200402_163920.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  170.2 KB
This is the halfmoon. I feel like Im going to get someone telling me he looks dead, but his past owner kept him with other bettas. They beat him up a lot, so his fins are messed up. He doesnt look too much like a halfmoon since his fins are the way they are, but thats what the owner told me he was. Again, sorry for the camera quality. There was a glare to the glass.
Omdss they are beautiful😍! I love the colours of the galaxy koi💧. The halfmoon is stunnin, I hope he heals😢🙏🏼.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (8)
23.53%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (11)
32.35%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (2)
5.88%
Speaking to staff members from universities (0)
0%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (3)
8.82%
Reading articles about what steps to take (6)
17.65%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
5.88%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
5.88%

Watched Threads