Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hey! Has anyone ever studied abroad in Australia for a few months or even a year? I'm thinking of doing this in my 2nd year of Uni!

If so, did you enjoy it? what would be the main pros and cons? Also, is there any specific websites you used to research?

Thank you!
Anonymous #2
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey! Has anyone ever studied abroad in Australia for a few months or even a year? I'm thinking of doing this in my 2nd year of Uni!

If so, did you enjoy it? what would be the main pros and cons? Also, is there any specific websites you used to research?

Thank you!
I didn't study in Australia, but I went backpacking there and honestly - it's one of the most beautiful countries I've ever been to. I just love the heat, surfing, hanging out by the beach … it's just the best and everyone's incredibly laid back

I can really, really recommend Australia and I wish I could go back and actually live there for a year

Definitely do it, you won't regret it!
Plus Australia is perfect for travelling around, even on your own because it's super safe and there are just way too many beautiful spots to count.
Beata BA
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hey, If you would like to know more about possibilities of studying in Australia I can recommend this website: www.easyaustralia.com.au. They know everything about courses, studies, visa procedures and also you can get some attractive prices. Studying in Australia is a great experience. Classes are very practical and interesting, you meet people from all over the world. There's no better place like Australia. Good luck!
Anonymous #1
I didn't study in Australia, but I went backpacking there and honestly - it's one of the most beautiful countries I've ever been to. I just love the heat, surfing, hanging out by the beach … it's just the best and everyone's incredibly laid back

I can really, really recommend Australia and I wish I could go back and actually live there for a year

Definitely do it, you won't regret it!
Plus Australia is perfect for travelling around, even on your own because it's super safe and there are just way too many beautiful spots to count.
What was your favourite city? I feel like Sydney would be way too overpriced for me, Im thinking maybe Brisbane because I love hot weather also, did you go by yourself?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Beata BA)
Hey, If you would like to know more about possibilities of studying in Australia I can recommend this website: www.easyaustralia.com.au. They know everything about courses, studies, visa procedures and also you can get some attractive prices. Studying in Australia is a great experience. Classes are very practical and interesting, you meet people from all over the world. There's no better place like Australia. Good luck!
Thank you, ive been trying to find a useful website!
Anonymous #2
Report 5 months ago
What was your favourite city? I feel like Sydney would be way too overpriced for me, Im thinking maybe Brisbane because I love hot weather also, did you go by yourself?
Yea, I went by myself but everyone there is so laid back so I met tons of people and ended up traveling with a couple of them

I definitely liked Sydney, I think it's a beautiful city and the outskirts are even prettier. I personally didn't like Brisbane as much if I'm being honest, but it's obviously very subjective.
Brisbane had spiders everywhere for one, and I absolute hate spiders - they're everywhere in the city. Also, I just missed the vibe Sydney had, but I can't even put a finger on it. It's still a pretty town, but no where near as pretty as Sydney in my opinion.

But two of my favourite cities were Cairns and Melbourne - apart from Sydney. Cairns is a lot smaller and more compact but really nice - but the downside is that you can't go surfing or just chill at the beach because of the crocodiles haha
Melbourne is also soo nice. It's pretty compact as well but it's got a huge China town and Greek town, and there's just a lot going on. It's also close to the beach and there are so many nice parts of Melbourne away from the city centre. I really loved Melbourne and I think for a year abroad I'd probably choose Sydney, but if not Sydney, I'd go for Melbourne.
Sydney is also close to so many beautiful beaches.

I hope this helps a little, even though it's kind of all over the place 😅 Let me know if you want to know more
Or I could also attach photos maybe or send them to you somehow if that helps? I feel like they'd just be a lot more authentic than the stuff you see when you google a city
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (724)
33.8%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (919)
42.9%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (406)
18.95%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.34%

Watched Threads