Can't get back into the habit of doing college work?

Watch
pancakesbob7
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I'm in year 12 and I've just had a half-term break and a 'catchup, consolidation and EP week' where we have no scheduled online lessons, and just time to catchup on everything we've done since we started online classes.

Due to how stressed and anxious I became during last term, I felt burnt out at the start of half-term. I seemed to have burnt out quite a lot since September.

I usually have very high work ethic, but during this week I've barely done any work and I've become so lazy - I can't get my brain back into gear to do work - I start college in 2 days!!!

I now feel anxious and stressed just simply thinking about starting online college next week - I can't get this mental block out of my head! Any advice/anyone feel the same?
Wombatsalamander
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I would suggest making a plan so you have some routine to your studying as that’s what you normally have at school. I’m also in year 12 and I try hard to plan my days, even if that’s just a mental plan when I get up in the morning. Hope this helps.
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by pancakesbob7)
I'm in year 12 and I've just had a half-term break and a 'catchup, consolidation and EP week' where we have no scheduled online lessons, and just time to catchup on everything we've done since we started online classes.

Due to how stressed and anxious I became during last term, I felt burnt out at the start of half-term. I seemed to have burnt out quite a lot since September.

I usually have very high work ethic, but during this week I've barely done any work and I've become so lazy - I can't get my brain back into gear to do work - I start college in 2 days!!!

I now feel anxious and stressed just simply thinking about starting online college next week - I can't get this mental block out of my head! Any advice/anyone feel the same?
if you don't get back to work, I hear the benefits offices is looking very attractive at this time of year
tinfoilhat
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by pancakesbob7)

I can imagine this is an issue for loads of students. I am a Year 13 student with a lot of free time as my A-Levels were cancelled. So, I have decided to make a website that focuses on free tutoring/solutions. I am not going to post a link as I don't want to get banned for advertising, but if you need any help, feel free to PM me .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (386)
56.52%
I don't have everything I need (297)
43.48%

Watched Threads