The Student Room Group

Art turns me into a *****

So...I’m currently taking art a level and when I’m creating art I turn into a mean rude person! Like a barbaric animal...is this normal? Like other ppl are happy etc. But I turn into a different person. I love art but I don’t know whether I should Pursue it due to my change in personality. Next year I would like to do an art or history degree, history of art doesn’t interest me though so I need to make a tough decision!
Well if it's a passion and you really want to do it, go for it. You are in control of the way you behave.
What do you mean by barbaric? Do you become protective of your work, or do people irritate you when you are working? You will have to be more specific.

During A-level art I struggled a lot myself and found that it changed me as a person, but you have to figure out why this is happening and address why this behaviour is wrong before you can make changes.
Reply 3
Original post by KrispyKaleo
What do you mean by barbaric? Do you become protective of your work, or do people irritate you when you are working? You will have to be more specific.

During A-level art I struggled a lot myself and found that it changed me as a person, but you have to figure out why this is happening and address why this behaviour is wrong before you can make changes.

People irritate me when I’m working and I’m quite possessive about work.
Original post by EvieDR14

Then find a quieter place to work, you are in control of you behavior. If you want to succeed in a creative degree you will need to learn to take constructive feedback from tutors in order to improve so you need to start working on this possessive behavior now. Aggression to other people also won't be tolerated at university.
Original post by EvieDR14

I was once like this as well. Firstly, finding a quiet place is generally your best bet, or you will always have people trying to start up conversations or irritate you. That isn’t down to yourself being barbaric, but art requires concentration and being annoyed when you are trying to work is justified behaviour, but one that can be easily controlled by moving away to a more isolated space.

Regarding being possessive, in which way might this be? I’ve probably experienced what you are going through and I’m more than happy to offer help and advice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest