The Student Room Group

I don't know what to do anymore

Wherever I go I seem to loose people, no matter how hard I try to be there for them or be friendly I never seem to find a group. I had one on and off my I seem to consistently loose them, either they drift away or they just up and loose interest and don't want to speak to me. I try to rekindle the friendships but it always seems one sided. This happens over and over again so I know the problem is me. I have mental health problems so it doesn't help that I get depressive episodes and I either push people away or emotionally dump on them. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm consistently loosing more and more people as I get older and its hurting me more and loosing trust for the people I have in my life and I'm scared it's becoming a self fulfilling prophecy
Wow i never thought i would read a post and that would explain how it is for me aswell.i feel and do just as much as you do tbh i dont really talk to anyone or have any friends and they somehow just go leaving me alone and honestly i dunno what to say that can help but try find things that just make you want to live to see the next day or things that just excite because its the only way u can live and lol im still looking for that one thing that excites me and makes me happy to see the next day but hopefully we can both maybe find that thing.and hell maybe we both dont need friends and this is us just learning we dont need that 😂hell idk im just waffling.but honestly we can talk if you down sounds like we both could use a friend
Original post by Anonymous
Wherever I go I seem to loose people, no matter how hard I try to be there for them or be friendly I never seem to find a group. I had one on and off my I seem to consistently loose them, either they drift away or they just up and loose interest and don't want to speak to me. I try to rekindle the friendships but it always seems one sided. This happens over and over again so I know the problem is me. I have mental health problems so it doesn't help that I get depressive episodes and I either push people away or emotionally dump on them. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm consistently loosing more and more people as I get older and its hurting me more and loosing trust for the people I have in my life and I'm scared it's becoming a self fulfilling prophecy

I hope you're okay. I wouldn't stress over it. If there are people who are leaving you its for your own good. You need to realise if they really did care about you they wouldn't just 'drift away'.

Quick Reply

Latest