Mavs04
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Right so I’m gonna try and do one of these in the autumn, but we haven’t really been given a lot of info.
I’m not sure how it’s supposed to work, does it need to be all factual with lots and lots of references and quotations and not much of your own ideas/ interpretations? Or is it the other way round, kind of like an English essay at GCSE with quotes and references which you build your own ideas off?

Ty in advance!
pancakesbob7
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Mavs04)
Right so I’m gonna try and do one of these in the autumn, but we haven’t really been given a lot of info.
I’m not sure how it’s supposed to work, does it need to be all factual with lots and lots of references and quotations and not much of your own ideas/ interpretations? Or is it the other way round, kind of like an English essay at GCSE with quotes and references which you build your own ideas off?

Ty in advance!
It depends on what you're doing for EPQ? You will most likely be given the choice of making an artefact, holding an event (e.g.sports tournament, concert, music performance) dissertaion. Obviously a dissertation is more on the English GCSE side as it is literally a massive essay. You may not need as much essay-style pieces of work for events and artefacts, but you will be marked very heavily on the planning side of the EPQ.

Did your school tell you that EPQ students will be starting in Autumn specifically (assuming that you're doing EPQ as a college subject)?

Any more questions, just ask
Mavs04
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by pancakesbob7)
It depends on what you're doing for EPQ? You will most likely be given the choice of making an artefact, holding an event (e.g.sports tournament, concert, music performance) dissertaion. Obviously a dissertation is more on the English GCSE side as it is literally a massive essay. You may not need as much essay-style pieces of work for events and artefacts, but you will be marked very heavily on the planning side of the EPQ.

Did your school tell you that EPQ students will be starting in Autumn specifically (assuming that you're doing EPQ as a college subject)?

Any more questions, just ask
Thank you that’s helpful, and no like I said we’ve not been given much info.
If I wanted to get ahead do you think it’s a good idea to start researching stuff now with a supervisor?
pancakesbob7
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Mavs04)
Thank you that’s helpful, and no like I said we’ve not been given much info.
If I wanted to get ahead do you think it’s a good idea to start researching stuff now with a supervisor?
Are there many students at your college taking EP?

If your college advised you to start EP in autumn, then it's probably best to do it then. It's good to plan ahead but if you start too early in advance you could get sick of EP!

If you wanted to get yourself started for ideas, you could fill in something like the doc I attatched - we were given this as Summer work before term started.
Attached files
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads