Clauds1234
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I wondered if I am eligible for a postgraduate masters loan through student finance if I am eligible for an NHS bursary? I have read on the Gov.uk website and student room that I would not be eligible for a loan from student finance if I can get a bursary. However, when I spoke to student finance england they informed me that I would be eligible and fully funded for a loan despite being eligible for an NHS bursary. Just wondered if anyone would be able to clarify this for me as I just want to know which applications I can start making for the course I a m due to start in September.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Clauds1234)
I wondered if I am eligible for a postgraduate masters loan through student finance if I am eligible for an NHS bursary? I have read on the Gov.uk website and student room that I would not be eligible for a loan from student finance if I can get a bursary. However, when I spoke to student finance england they informed me that I would be eligible and fully funded for a loan despite being eligible for an NHS bursary. Just wondered if anyone would be able to clarify this for me as I just want to know which applications I can start making for the course I a m due to start in September.
Hi there, is this a postgraduate healthcare course? If so then are you receiving an NHS bursary or the new NHS grant?
Please confirm your course and university name.
Thanks, Isaac
Clauds1234
Rep:
?
Hi Isaac, yes it is a postgraduate healthcare course which is an Occupational Therapy MSc (pre-registration) at Oxford Brookes University. I think I have found information in that I can apply in a similar way to an undergraduate course. I was also referring to the new NHS grant. Many thanks,Claudia
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Isaac, yes it is a postgraduate healthcare course which is an Occupational Therapy MSc (pre-registration) at Oxford Brookes University. I think I have found information in that I can apply in a similar way to an undergraduate course. I was also referring to the new NHS grant. Many thanks,Claudia
The new NHS Grant doesn't affect your SFE funding. For a postgraduate healthcare course you are entitled to apply for full undergraduate funding (not postgraduate funding) and additionally you can receive the new grant from the NHS.
Thanks, Isaac
Clauds1234
Rep:
?
Hi Isaac, thank you that is really helpful. I thought that was the case but just wanted to clarify. Thanks, Claudia
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Isaac, thank you that is really helpful. I thought that was the case but just wanted to clarify. Thanks, Claudia
You're welcome
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (36)
28.35%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (11)
8.66%
No I am happy with my choice (71)
55.91%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (9)
7.09%

Watched Threads