The Student Room Group

Why do I become attached to everyone?

I know this might sound a bit weird because I’m a lad but I become attached to everyone I encounter no matter who they are. I’m obviously attached to my mates etc but e.g a customer comes into my work and we get speaking and when they leave I become sad, the same happens if a stranger smiles at me and when I’ve walked past them I become sad, when I’m going out to a restaurant and the waiter takes my order and when they leave I become sad and it happens every time with everyone and I spend the rest of the day thinking about them how can I stop it

Scroll to see replies

You're a sweet person, my heart hugged itself reading this. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
You're a sweet person, my heart hugged itself reading this. :smile:

Thank you you are too! 😅 I hate it though I have attachment issues and I don’t want them 🤧
Reply 3
It’s literally the worst thing is it not 😂
Reply 4
*We will be amazing doctors sorry I just got a moment of optimism 😂
Reply 5
st by Hellohsjakodsmka)Oops 🙈 *we will*
But then again, we might become attached to our patients and that's not always a good thing ygm
Attachment not found

Attachment not found
Reply 6
Omg do you not know what that meme is? 🤣😭
Original post by george562
I know this might sound a bit weird because I’m a lad but I become attached to everyone I encounter no matter who they are. I’m obviously attached to my mates etc but e.g a customer comes into my work and we get speaking and when they leave I become sad, the same happens if a stranger smiles at me and when I’ve walked past them I become sad, when I’m going out to a restaurant and the waiter takes my order and when they leave I become sad and it happens every time with everyone and I spend the rest of the day thinking about them how can I stop it

its just ur desire to have someone u can keep interacting with, and ur mind is trying to grab the chance to do it everytime u see someone, and this is not bad
Better to love than to hate u know?:smile:
This is so cute :biggrin:
You probably just thrive off of social interaction and that might be what makes you feel this way. I don’t mind being alone and I’m pretty independent, but I enjoy talking to people too much and prefer it when someone’s around to chat to :laugh:
Reply 9
It’s okay not everyone can be cool 😂 you must not have twitter then it’s one of my favourites 🤣
Tbh I'm the complete opposite but don't worry about it I think you just need to be more independent and self reliant. Learn to love being with yourself if that makes sense.

Spoiler

Reply 11
Original post by Raptor Jesus
its just ur desire to have someone u can keep interacting with, and ur mind is trying to grab the chance to do it everytime u see someone, and this is not bad
Better to love than to hate u know?:smile:

It could be that honestly who knows and yeah ofc! Thanks man 😅
It could be that honestly who knows and yeah ofc! Thanks man 😅

no problems:smile:
may the blessings of Raptor Jesus be with u:angelwings:
Reply 13
Boomer 😂
Reply 14
Original post by ishih-tzunot
This is so cute :biggrin:
You probably just thrive off of social interaction and that might be what makes you feel this way. I don’t mind being alone and I’m pretty independent, but I enjoy talking to people too much and prefer it when someone’s around to chat to :laugh:

Thank you! 😅 Yeah I am very sociable but I can’t understand why I become attached to strangers do you not think it’s a bit odd? I hate being alone it’s one of the worst things and yeah me too! Thank you 😁
Reply 15
Original post by SuperiorPotato
Tbh I'm the complete opposite but don't worry about it I think you just need to be more independent and self reliant. Learn to love being with yourself if that makes sense.

Spoiler

Nothing wrong with that man! Yeah I don’t mind being by myself but I just find it so boring 😂 Don’t worry you’re not and ofc no judgment here, thank you!
Nothing wrong with that man! Yeah I don’t mind being by myself but I just find it so boring 😂 Don’t worry you’re not and ofc no judgment here, thank you!

Glad to help :h:
Thank you! 😅 Yeah I am very sociable but I can’t understand why I become attached to strangers do you not think it’s a bit odd? I hate being alone it’s one of the worst things and yeah me too! Thank you 😁

It may be a little unusual but as long as it’s not doing anybody any harm I think it’s fine :laugh:
If you say you’re pretty independent then you probably just need to work on being more comfortable in your own company, don’t stress about it x
Reply 18
Original post by ishih-tzunot
It may be a little unusual but as long as it’s not doing anybody any harm I think it’s fine :laugh:
If you say you’re pretty independent then you probably just need to work on being more comfortable in your own company, don’t stress about it x

Yeah I don’t think it’s too bad I still don’t know why it happens though and yeah that’s true! :smile: I’ll work on that I just find it so boring being by myself compared to when I’m around people hahaha I will not and neither should you! Thank you! 😅 x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending