Scroll to see replies

Original post by goldie2021
Lol

how did i know someone was gonna go that? 🤣
Original post by ella’s words
how did i know someone was gonna go that? 🤣

Cos you wanted them too?
Original post by TakeALittleWalk
Keep going. Doesn’t have to be intense though. It’s about quality not quantity. For example somebody who memorises a freesciencelessons video in a few minutes tends to do better than somebody who read a textbook chapter like 15 pages long, no memorisation involved. Beautiful flashcards with Agrade highlighers work only if you use them frequently. Somebody who writes out a textbook word for word with pretty handwriting and colourful layouts isn’t going to go far if they can recite the stuff off the top of their head, it’s the bitter truth.

I did little to no work in year 10, and only decided I wanted to aim for all 9s in year 11. Meant I had to stay up till like 2 every day wearing my eyes out, albeit it’s all in vain now. Binge freesciencelessons, memorise his vids word for word, do all the maths past papers, plan your english essays for every theme and character. Do all this and you’ll be set, I only wish I’d be told this stuff by somebody earlier. Relax though.

Ohhh and if you decide to make a gyg in year 11, don’t post every hour like I did 😂. Most people were updating a couple days a week, I was busy wasting time updating waaaaay too often. Impacted my revision for the first few months. Realised a bit late though haha. It’s manageable though, people continuously gassing you up and praising you for your efforts; genuinely concerned with your wellbeing etc. really motivates you.

in a weird, twisted way, hearing myself being referred to as ‘generation lockdown’ has actually really motivated me. from my viewpoint, it seems as though whoever said it has little faith in ‘generation lockdown’ and that’s where my stubbornness comes into play. i’m not gonna let some stupid politic dude decide whether i succeed or not, that’s up to me. i’m going to surpass his expectations. i’m going to do well, regardless of what happens. i don’t know what these possibilities could be, whether certain content will be stripped from the exams, papers removed, i don’t know. all i do know is that no matter what, i will succeed.

you’re absolutely right, and i think at the start of the year, that is definitely where i was going wrong. i was all about the aesthetic, but really, the aesthetic did me no favours. still going big with the highlighters, but no need to go out of my way for the aesthetic like i used to. but i realised i was going wrong, and fixed that. now it’s a-game.

i’m not sure whether i’ll make a gyg yet. i can just see myself rambling about non-gyg stuff on there, random non-related stuff, which isn’t what they’re about. might just stick to this, but do the occasional gyg format post, not sure yet though. but it’s that feel good vibe from them, i definitely want some of that. so maybe, like i said, not 100% certain of anything yet
in a weird, twisted way, hearing myself being referred to as ‘generation lockdown’ has actually really motivated me. from my viewpoint, it seems as though whoever said it has little faith in ‘generation lockdown’ and that’s where my stubbornness comes into play. i’m not gonna let some stupid politic dude decide whether i succeed or not, that’s up to me. i’m going to surpass his expectations. i’m going to do well, regardless of what happens. i don’t know what these possibilities could be, whether certain content will be stripped from the exams, papers removed, i don’t know. all i do know is that no matter what, i will succeed.

you’re absolutely right, and i think at the start of the year, that is definitely where i was going wrong. i was all about the aesthetic, but really, the aesthetic did me no favours. still going big with the highlighters, but no need to go out of my way for the aesthetic like i used to. but i realised i was going wrong, and fixed that. now it’s a-game.

i’m not sure whether i’ll make a gyg yet. i can just see myself rambling about non-gyg stuff on there, random non-related stuff, which isn’t what they’re about. might just stick to this, but do the occasional gyg format post, not sure yet though. but it’s that feel good vibe from them, i definitely want some of that. so maybe, like i said, not 100% certain of anything yet

This is a post that will have some trouble come the next challenge._.__.....What could it be lol
Back at 10.30pm if anyones still here
This is a post that will have some trouble come the next challenge._.__.....What could it be lol
Back at 10.30pm if anyones still here

i think i might know what it encompasses. also, will my banned words be unbanned by then? 🤔
i’ll be around then, yes
I find “generation lockdown” so cringe. True lockdown lasted literally only a few months, hardly a generation lmao...

Well put, from both you and Take A Little Walk. I hate people deciding my future, my goals, my aspirations and whether I will succeed or not. Yes our year has been put at a disadvantage, but in no way does that mean we will fail :nope: thriving is based on a strong mindset, and if you are willing to turn the situation around to be the making of you, rather than the breaking of you, then you will succeed no matter what. :yep:

I believe in you! We both got this, and remember if you ever need support or rants or whatever my PMs are open :bubbles: btw have you seen the potential updates about our exams? (I think they're still being decided and there may be more to come, but it's worth looking at if you have time :dontknow:).

I did a GYG last year (and I may do one this year :awesome:) on a different account, and I spoke about the most random stuff :rofl: you could have this and a GYG on the side, people generally love reading about everyday life as well as studies. Or if you prefer to do it here, then I support you every step of the way! :borat: Looking forward to how you progress Ella, you are incredible :yep:
Original post by WoodlandSorcerer
I find “generation lockdown” so cringe. True lockdown lasted literally only a few months, hardly a generation lmao...

exactly! i’m not sure who said it, but from what my teacher wrote, it was said by someone. the context seems to be educational, and judging by something else she wrote, i’ve only missed 70 days of the academic year where i should have been in school. which is nothing, seeing as i’ve been at secondary school for 880 days and still have about 190 to go (not my maths!). it’s rather unfair, no? lockdown has only lasted just over 100 days right? that’s nothing in the grand scheme of things. rather unfair to use that label imo
exactly! i’m not sure who said it, but from what my teacher wrote, it was said by someone. the context seems to be educational, and judging by something else she wrote, i’ve only missed 70 days of the academic year where i should have been in school. which is nothing, seeing as i’ve been at secondary school for 880 days and still have about 190 to go (not my maths!). it’s rather unfair, no? lockdown has only lasted just over 100 days right? that’s nothing in the grand scheme of things. rather unfair to use that label imo

Exactly, it's soooo dramatic and silly. And it's far more useful to take the positives instead of self-victimising!
Original post by Roses_Dreams
Well put, from both you and Take A Little Walk. I hate people deciding my future, my goals, my aspirations and whether I will succeed or not. Yes our year has been put at a disadvantage, but in no way does that mean we will fail :nope: thriving is based on a strong mindset, and if you are willing to turn the situation around to be the making of you, rather than the breaking of you, then you will succeed no matter what. :yep:

I believe in you! We both got this, and remember if you ever need support or rants or whatever my PMs are open :bubbles: btw have you seen the potential updates about our exams? (I think they're still being decided and there may be more to come, but it's worth looking at if you have time :dontknow:).

I did a GYG last year (and I may do one this year :awesome:) on a different account, and I spoke about the most random stuff :rofl: you could have this and a GYG on the side, people generally love reading about everyday life as well as studies. Or if you prefer to do it here, then I support you every step of the way! :borat: Looking forward to how you progress Ella, you are incredible :yep:

exactly! it’s my life, i’ll make the decisions, okay? it’s me that has to live with them, so let me decide what path i choose to take. i decide what i do, i decide whether to put the effort in. exactly, exactly, exactly!!! :yep:

thankyou!!! you too, my PMs are open if you ever want to chat, too 💓
no, i haven’t. where do i need to look? i’ll go check out the situation as it stands now. all that i’ve heard is snippets and rumours from peers and teachers.

yayyyy! i might just do that, we’ll see! aw, thankyou 🥰
you too, you’re honestly brilliant :hugs:
Exactly, it's soooo dramatic and silly. And it's far more useful to take the positives instead of self-victimising!

yep! well said. i’m one stubborn kiddo, won’t accept no for an answer, if i want to succeed, i will succeed. proving people wrong, it’s me hobby 😎
yep! well said. i’m one stubborn kiddo, won’t accept no for an answer, if i want to succeed, i will succeed. proving people wrong, it’s me hobby 😎

PRSOM, exactomondo!! Hear that, Goldie??
exactly! it’s my life, i’ll make the decisions, okay? it’s me that has to live with them, so let me decide what path i choose to take. i decide what i do, i decide whether to put the effort in. exactly, exactly, exactly!!! :yep:

thankyou!!! you too, my PMs are open if you ever want to chat, too 💓
no, i haven’t. where do i need to look? i’ll go check out the situation as it stands now. all that i’ve heard is snippets and rumours from peers and teachers.

yayyyy! i might just do that, we’ll see! aw, thankyou 🥰
you too, you’re honestly brilliant :hugs:

I'll edit the link in here in a minute :borat:
It's still a survey, so if you want to have your voice heard I think you can say something (although last time I looked was two days ago :dontknow:)
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6576124
you download the 60 page document from the website, but if you just want to have a look at the specific subjects it starts at page 26

And we will do this! :hugs:

Someones rattled ellas cage haha:biggrin:......who is this person who said generation lockdown

Hmmmmmmm I always wonder if ella and roses are the same person:poke:

PRSOM, exactomondo!! Hear that, Goldie??

I see not hear:smile:
I'll edit the link in here in a minute :borat:
It's still a survey, so if you want to have your voice heard I think you can say something (although last time I looked was two days ago :dontknow:)
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6576124
you download the 60 page document from the website, but if you just want to have a look at the specific subjects it starts at page 26

And we will do this! :hugs:

thankyou! just looked at the specific subjects, not too sure i agree with the handling of some of them, but we’ll see what happens i suppose
yes we are! we’re gonna rock this! :five:
i think i might know what it encompasses. also, will my banned words be unbanned by then? 🤔
i’ll be around then, yes

You wont guess it and yes the words end on thursday night:redface:
Someones rattled ellas cage haha:biggrin:......who is this person who said generation lockdown

Hmmmmmmm I always wonder if ella and roses are the same person:poke:

it just annoys me! i’m more than just a gcse grade at the end of the day. trust me, if i knew i would gladly name and shame! but alas, i do not have that pleasure 🥺

hehe, can confirm we’re not ☺️
thankyou! just looked at the specific subjects, not too sure i agree with the handling of some of them, but we’ll see what happens i suppose
yes we are! we’re gonna rock this! :five:

No problem, I just thought it would be helpful as you're working on your English speech. I wish they did handled sports studies a bit better, as I've already done my coursework for 2 sports rather than 1. :redface: Languages are a bit weird too tbh.
it just annoys me! i’m more than just a gcse grade at the end of the day. trust me, if i knew i would gladly name and shame! but alas, i do not have that pleasure 🥺

Dont watch the news then ella simple:biggrin:

Another clue for the challange........It will effect how not what you post:smile:

Latest