The Student Room Group

Fed up with not seeing bf in lockdown

Haven't seen him since March, he lives 2.5 hours away.
Been following the rules to the letter and there is no indication whatsoever of when overnight stays will be allowed.
I've heard talk of hotels opening early July here, hopefully then but who knows.
I have seen several people now breaking the rules and going for it. I'm not going to do an overnight stay but I think we should at least meet for the day and not be 2m apart.

Getting bored of just messages and facetime now and wondering how much longer this can last.

Should I just go see him ?
Is this a joke?

People are literally dying but yeah go ahead and see your little boyfriend
im going to say deal with it. everyone else does. whether it's your boyfriend, family or friends, we're all sacrificing more than one thing and you're not special
Reply 3
Original post by Euphoria101
Is this a joke?

People are literally dying but yeah go ahead and see your little boyfriend

Yes I am fully aware that 'people are dying.'

We are not in contact with others and would be taking a test first so the risk would be virtually none.

It's easier for people who live with/near to their partner to judge others.
Reply 4
Original post by HoldThisL
im going to say deal with it. everyone else does. whether it's your boyfriend, family or friends, we're all sacrificing more than one thing and you're not special

I am aware i'm not special, but the rules have now allowed us to see people alone or in small groups. The 2m rule is guidance, not law.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Been following the rules to the letter and there is no indication whatsoever of when overnight stays will be allowed.
I've heard talk of hotels opening early July here, hopefully then but who knows.
I have seen several people now breaking the rules and going for it. I'm not going to do an overnight stay but I think we should at least meet for the day and not be 2m apart.

Getting bored of just messages and facetime now and wondering how much longer this can last.

you are allowed to meet a small number of people outside now if you keep 2 metres apart
Yes I am fully aware that 'people are dying.'

We are not in contact with others and would be taking a test first so the risk would be virtually none.

It's easier for people who live with/near to their partner to judge others.

That’s so unbelievably selfish.

No ones judging you, you’re putting yourself and other people in danger just because you can’t handle FaceTime.

All of my friends, some of my family live far away and I haven’t seen them since mid March. I’m not gonna break social distancing to do so.
Reply 7
Original post by ANM775
you are allowed to meet a small number of people outside now if you keep 2 metres apart

My plan was to see him outside for a day trip.
I'm not staying overnight until they allow it.
Original post by ANM775

The point is OP said they wouldn’t be 2m apart if they met up.
Reply 9
OK i've got the picture, i'm incredibly selfish and won't be seeing him in that case.
The 2m rule is guidance, not law.

that's not leaving it open for discouragement. :yep:

you can see them if you are outside for a short amount of time and 2m apart. please resist the urge to make contact - always keep in your mind those who are dying because of the choices we, as a society, are making!

Why can't you go and see him and socially distance? I'm sorry but we are all in the same boat. I haven't been close to my dad for so long as I work in the NHS and don't want to pass anything on to him. It really hurts, but we are all having to deal with it? How incredibly selfish of you.
Deal with it
Wow, some of the replies are incredibly harsh. I won't be posting here again.

I don't know what you expected?

Did you really expect someone to advice you to go ahead and break the rules? They are there for a reason.
You can carry on posting and having a go all you like, I won't be reading any more of it.
**** boris, go see him.
You can carry on posting and having a go all you like, I won't be reading any more of it.

Alright lmao bye felicia
Reply 18

Don’t listen to them, it can be harder for some people than other. No one knows what’s going on in someone else’s life apart from the pandemic. I understand you must be so frustrated but you need to remember you need to social distance to keep him safe as well as yourself. Things will get better. I couldn’t see my bf for a whole year bcs of long distance and some days we couldn’t even talk properly but the reunion was soooooo sweet after the long wait. Look forward to that. The government knows they can’t keep young ppl cooped up like this forever.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending