The Student Room Group

Home security furniture

My question is about ideas on home security. This is a topic that I have chose to research about, so i can make a final product. I would like ideas on home furniture that can help hide important products that are sensitive or vulnerable. Do you have any ideas about furniture that can help hide items?
I wouldn't go for the classics i.e under the fridge or hidden shelf under the mattress, but what I've seen before a removable panel on the back of a closet hiding a safe, or if you want to go for something easier in a shampoo bottle and just keep it in the shower not the best tho or hollow out the leg of a chair, depends how big the items are or u could put it in fake sockets.
Reply 2
Original post by Lauren1232
I wouldn't go for the classics i.e under the fridge or hidden shelf under the mattress, but what I've seen before a removable panel on the back of a closet hiding a safe, or if you want to go for something easier in a shampoo bottle and just keep it in the shower not the best tho or hollow out the leg of a chair, depends how big the items are or u could put it in fake sockets.

Thanks for the ideas I really appreciate it. These ideas be useful for my project.
Reply 3
For example, there’s a photo frame. You can open it like a door and you have little storage cabinets/selves where you can store stuff like keys, USB sticks and other important items.
Reply 4
Original post by Irandip
My question is about ideas on home security. This is a topic that I have chose to research about, so i can make a final product. I would like ideas on home furniture that can help hide important products that are sensitive or vulnerable. Do you have any ideas about furniture that can help hide items?

How about a small safe that could be sat on. Maybe under a sofa or bed frame. Therefore, it’s hidden as well as used on
Reply 5
anywhere in tight places would work because people are less likely to go into it, and like objects that look normal like a fake fireplace that can be removed to get into a place where you can put stuff

Quick Reply

Latest