Hit a wall, 0 motivation

Watch
Kill_Joy_Cow
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I'm on the last month and a half of my degree and have a final year project due. I have another module with 2 essays I need to write so that's 3 all together and I can't seem to pull it together, I've never been in a slump like this but I think being locked indoors for months has just drained me, I've stepped away and come back to it so many times but nothing forms. I know I need to pull it together because I'm nearly done but I just can't and I already got an extension on my final year project. at this point I just want to lay down and give up....what do I do...? I'd like to add I'm under a lot of stress, I have to have surgery and am dealing with life changing issues.
I just feel like a failure, I somehow got here to the end of my degree and can't make that final hurdle.
I left my first degree because I was living with a mentally abusive boyfriend so I left him and uni and went back to another one to do a different degree, throughout my time doing this degree my father passed away, I was diagnosed with HPV, PCOS, Slipping rib syndrome and deal with Pectus Excavatum. I feel like I'm about to have a breakdown. Has anyone else struggled with depression? how did you get through it and finish the degree? just had to buck up right?...
21ForEva
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Yeah bucking up is easier said than done and you’d need some sort of awakening or epiphany to realise you just have to get up and finish all your work so you can graduate.

I’ve never done a degree but been through this sort of slump for a similar thing. And yes it’s hard but it’ll only last for a short period of time.

I’m sorry to hear you’re going through other life issues. Have you explained to the uni about your surgery? Perhaps the stress from that can be used to get you an extension? If that helps?

Honestly it sounds like you’ve gone through a lot. But you’re sooo close and you’re almost at the end of your journey with this degree.
You really have to just keep on at it.
Look at it this way, if you have enough energy to wake up and brush your teeth in the morning and then go and make breakfast then that’s at least something - you still have some motivation to do those things. This must mean you have a little bit more to concentrate on finishing your modules and project.

You just have to pick it up and finish it even if it means writing like 5 lines today and 10 tomorrow. It’s still progress! Even if it’s so sh^t to begin with - it means you’re trying. And you’ll probably inspire yourself to write better answers if you continuously work at it even if it’s just for an hour.

I really hope you complete it and you get to rest your mind in time for your surgery.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (147)
14.54%
I'm not sure (43)
4.25%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (303)
29.97%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.57%
I'm not a current university student (492)
48.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise