emilye82827
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi, I was wondering if someone would be able to tell me which hall at Loughborough University is the most involved and successful with sport?
thank you!!!!
Loughborough University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by emilye82827)
Hi, I was wondering if someone would be able to tell me which hall at Loughborough University is the most involved and successful with sport?
thank you!!!!
Hi emilye82827,

All halls at Loughborough University are involved in sport through the IMS competitions. IMS is the Intra-Mural Sports Leagues run at Loughborough, where each hall enters teams into different sports to compete throughout the academic year. Different halls have strongholds in different sports and this can vary between genders too. Is there a specific sport you are interested in?

There are several sports that are run in a league basis; Badminton, Netball, Basketball, Football, Futsal, Hockey, Rounders, Rugby 13s, Softball, Squash, Tennis and Volleyball. Some of these have leagues that are gender specific or are mixed competitions.

Other sports are run in One Day Events (ODEs) such as Water-Polo and Ultimate Frisbee, plus a whole host more.

Because of how many sports are available it is very difficult to say which hall is the most involved or most successful. It is also important to note that if you are a member of an Athletic Union club you cannot compete in IMS for that sport e.g. I played hockey for the university so couldn't play IMS hockey for my hall.

I hope this helps and any further questions feel free to drop us a PM and check out our accommodation thread here.
Best Wishes,
Emily
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (165)
25%
Better than expected (133)
20.15%
Worse than expected (362)
54.85%

Watched Threads