What happened to Bolton Wanderers?

Watch
Gundabad(good)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
7th in the Premier League in 2004 and now two leagues down in 2020. What has happened to this old beast?
AM.TSR
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Long gone are the days of Jay-Jay Okocha
Gundabad(good)
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AM.TSR)
Long gone are the days of Jay-Jay Okocha
Name:  noice.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  7.1 KB
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It seems to be the legacy of players on expensive contracts that was the hallmark of Sam Allerdyce.
IanDangerously
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Gundabad(good))
7th in the Premier League in 2004 and now two leagues down in 2020. What has happened to this old beast?
They started getting in the UEFA Cup and Allardyce wanted the owners to invest to push for the CL but they didn’t wanna risk it. So then he left and they stopped getting UEFA cup revenue too and eventually got relegated. They spent beyond their means and ended up in massive debt cos they didn’t get back into the PL, got taken over by a consortium who had no money, then sold for £1 to avoid administration to another con man with no money .. they’ve now been bought out again after going bankrupt again.

Just awful management all around by everyone who’s been involved with it for years.
Gundabad(good)
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by IanDangerously)
They started getting in the UEFA Cup and Allardyce wanted the owners to invest to push for the CL but they didn’t wanna risk it. So then he left and they stopped getting UEFA cup revenue too and eventually got relegated. They spent beyond their means and ended up in massive debt cos they didn’t get back into the PL, got taken over by a consortium who had no money, then sold for £1 to avoid administration to another con man with no money .. they’ve now been bought out again after going bankrupt again.

Just awful management all around by everyone who’s been involved with it for years.
They had the chance of being bought out by a billionaire Mexican or a poor Englishman. Guess what the white fans chose?
Hellevator
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Spent money they didn't have and it will always eventually come back to bite you, just like it did for the likes of Leeds and Portsmouth.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (64)
19.39%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (72)
21.82%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (61)
18.48%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (69)
20.91%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (32)
9.7%
I haven't started researching yet (32)
9.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed