Psychology and counselling personal statement help

Watch this thread
alanacg
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,

I’m currently in the process of starting my personal statement. I’m getting no support at all from college, they haven’t helped me at all regarding university, they have been utterly useless.

I’m applying for various universities for 2021, doing psychology and counselling. As I’ve had no help or guidance i have no clue what i should be wring in my personal statement . If anyone has any ideas for my personal statement, or if anyone has any tips on how to write, and begin a personal statement I’d really appreciate all the help i can get.
charleeholland
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
i applied for psych. i focussed on how i want to use my degree for my career and things that i do out side of school linking to the subject- i talked about my interest in criminal psychology through books and documentaries. then i linked my a level subjects to the degree x
username3508100
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Hey just finished my first year of psych

I started off by saying what interested me about psychology, talking about books I had read and what I learnt from these, talked about the skills my A-Level subjects taught me, what I wanted to do with my degree/as a career, what I'd add to the university (this could be hobbies like music, sports), any work experience/volunteering, it's especially good if this can be related to psych (ie I worked in a care home for the summer and I spoke about how this taught me about dementia, taught me about responsibility etc).
Last edited by username3508100; 2 years ago
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
There's a whole load of advice here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6213912
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (10)
19.61%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (16)
31.37%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (3)
5.88%
Speaking to staff members from universities (0)
0%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (6)
11.76%
Reading articles about what steps to take (12)
23.53%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
3.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
3.92%

Watched Threads