Psychology and counselling personal statement help

Watch
alanacg
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

I’m currently in the process of starting my personal statement. I’m getting no support at all from college, they haven’t helped me at all regarding university, they have been utterly useless.

I’m applying for various universities for 2021, doing psychology and counselling. As I’ve had no help or guidance i have no clue what i should be wring in my personal statement . If anyone has any ideas for my personal statement, or if anyone has any tips on how to write, and begin a personal statement I’d really appreciate all the help i can get.
charleeholland
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i applied for psych. i focussed on how i want to use my degree for my career and things that i do out side of school linking to the subject- i talked about my interest in criminal psychology through books and documentaries. then i linked my a level subjects to the degree x
username3508100
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey just finished my first year of psych

I started off by saying what interested me about psychology, talking about books I had read and what I learnt from these, talked about the skills my A-Level subjects taught me, what I wanted to do with my degree/as a career, what I'd add to the university (this could be hobbies like music, sports), any work experience/volunteering, it's especially good if this can be related to psych (ie I worked in a care home for the summer and I spoke about how this taught me about dementia, taught me about responsibility etc).
Last edited by username3508100; 1 year ago
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There's a whole load of advice here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6213912
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (40)
14.76%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (88)
32.47%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (33)
12.18%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (23)
8.49%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (14)
5.17%
I think it's an unfair expectation (70)
25.83%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.11%

Watched Threads