The Student Room Group

Studying A levels in the uk/architecture

Hey! I need some advice as i'm planning on doing fast track A levels in london starting in septembre this year. I'm a 17 y/o morrocan student and I'll complete my morrocan bac exam which is the equivalent of A levels in uk (barely since it's not merely as recognised internationally). My chosen subjects are physics, maths and sociology and I want to study architecture in the uk. My problem here is that studying architecture in uk top unis is expensive and after this a levels course I'm going to need a full scolarship to study in the uk. I've been very confused I can barely focus on my final exams. Should I go for a levels and apply for various scolarship in Hope of getting one or just cancel this plan all at once and study an intensive engineering course in france (GPGE) that is a lot cheaper but won't get me to architecture which is what I want most?
(edited 3 years ago)
Firstly - architecture in the UK is a design based degree. Universities expect to see either a creative design based subject (art, design, graphics etc) or a portfolio of artwork and drawing (or often both). Your choice of A levels isn’t bad but it will mean you will have limited support creating a portfolio and little free time to work on your art in your free time.

Secondly- uk universities don’t offer full scholarships to international students. Some universities have a handful of partial scholarships covering some of the fee costs but not living costs. Particularly for architecture which requires 5 years of study in total to qualify - you are unlikely to find any funding available.

Quick Reply