The Student Room Group

What to expect from Tesco delivery driver induction.

Hi guys, I've done my interview and got a call today to ask if i wanted to move onto the driving assessment part of the interview for a part time Tesco driving role. I believe its across 3 days.

Wondering if any of you have any experience on what it might include.

Thanks guys!
Original post by JclKfssonxGod
Hi guys, I've done my interview and got a call today to ask if i wanted to move onto the driving assessment part of the interview for a part time Tesco driving role. I believe its across 3 days.

Wondering if any of you have any experience on what it might include.

Thanks guys!

3 days! Wow, the last time I did one of these roughly 10 years ago it was 1 day induction + driving evaluation on a different day. The induction was all the usual 'this is Tesco' stuff, tells you about the company, about their corporate standards, what the company expects of you, all the obligatory Health & Safety stuff, hazard perception, etc etc yawn yawn yawn, then a section on the actual job role. The only thing missing (would have been really useful) was how the whole Tesco.Com system works from the customer's perspective and from the company's perspective. You'll get asked all sorts of questions by customers when you deliver their shopping, so I'd recommend finding out how it works from both sides if you don't already use the service yourself.
The 'driving evaluation' is basically a driving test and theory test combined. Mine lasted 1 hour. They were extremely picky though, and picked up on every little detail. Make sure you refresh your memory on the Highway Code.
In 10 years it's obviously changed, but that gives you some ideas of what to expect.
Original post by Appirition
3 days! Wow, the last time I did one of these roughly 10 years ago it was 1 day induction + driving evaluation on a different day. The induction was all the usual 'this is Tesco' stuff, tells you about the company, about their corporate standards, what the company expects of you, all the obligatory Health & Safety stuff, hazard perception, etc etc yawn yawn yawn, then a section on the actual job role. The only thing missing (would have been really useful) was how the whole Tesco.Com system works from the customer's perspective and from the company's perspective. You'll get asked all sorts of questions by customers when you deliver their shopping, so I'd recommend finding out how it works from both sides if you don't already use the service yourself.
The 'driving evaluation' is basically a driving test and theory test combined. Mine lasted 1 hour. They were extremely picky though, and picked up on every little detail. Make sure you refresh your memory on the Highway Code.
In 10 years it's obviously changed, but that gives you some ideas of what to expect.

Thank you! This is really helpful. Struggling to get through to Tesco at the moment to find out where to go tomorrow morning :redface: But im sure all will be okay!
Original post by JclKfssonxGod
Thank you! This is really helpful. Struggling to get through to Tesco at the moment to find out where to go tomorrow morning :redface: But im sure all will be okay!

Yw. Good luck for tomorrow and the next 3 days

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending