The Student Room Group

Borderline Degree Classifications

I finished my Master's degree in February and my average result is 58%. According to the University of Greenwich guidelines:

The Progression and Award Board may use its discretion in considering cases on the
borderline of classification bands. A borderline case is normally defined as a
student who has a final average grade within 2.0 percentage points below the
classification boundary.

However I have been awarded a Pass. I have already put in an academic appeal regarding my dissertation but it was only recently that I discovered this detail. Should I have received a Merit and is it worth querying? I'm just so stressed out right now 😞
Original post by Anonymous
I finished my Master's degree in February and my average result is 58%. According to the University of Greenwich guidelines:

The Progression and Award Board may use its discretion in considering cases on the
borderline of classification bands. A borderline case is normally defined as a
student who has a final average grade within 2.0 percentage points below the
classification boundary.

However I have been awarded a Pass. I have already put in an academic appeal regarding my dissertation but it was only recently that I discovered this detail. Should I have received a Merit and is it worth querying? I'm just so stressed out right now 😞

You need to ask whether your borderline case was considered at the PAB (it’s a committee meeting - it is possible that the meeting hasn’t happened yet or that it wasn’t considered)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending