Why do people reply to threads that are like 10 years old?

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
Night Assassin
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Do they actually think the person who posted it will one day come back on TSR after so many years?
Night Assassin
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I see people beefing accounts that have been inactive for a good 5+ years LOOL
username5252878
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Night Assassin)
Do they actually think the person who posted it will one day come back on TSR after so many years?
They can’t be bothered to make their own threads. Mostly it’s the new accounts though that often do this.
Mañana20
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I doubt they think that, but some post still have relevance. They also do it to make it appear again, so there would be more opinions on such subjects.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
It's not that. People just don't look at the date before replying.
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
They are noobs and/or they see the thread under related discussions and don't check the date.
L8 man
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Vexper has been on tsr since 2009
AGrizzlyBearo
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Someone should come back to this thread in 10 years.
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
It's almost 100% just people seeing threads in related discussions and not noticing the date. I would say there should be a time cap but old threads can often be useful.
username5302862
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
It's not that. People just don't look at the date before replying.
This has happened to me a few times, I just shoot straight to replying
Ciel.
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Krunker22)
This has happened to me a few times, I just shoot straight to replying
it's actually tsr's fault. they put old threads in 'related discussions'
Issakatie
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I was wondering how people found old threads and now I know
(Original post by Ciel.)
it's actually tsr's fault. they put old threads in 'related discussions'
Retronomical
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I’ll add this thread to my watched list so I can reply to it in 10 years time :mwuaha:
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
I see people beefing accounts that have been inactive for a good 5+ years LOOL
As RC it might be:

1. They are new and dont check.
2. They dont check.
3. They do it deliberately.

The people that follow may only look at the last few dates and assume a bumped thread is recent, rather than flipping back to the beginning.
Spelunker
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Idk must be stupid
X
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (151)
40.37%
They're exactly what I expected (94)
25.13%
They're lower than I expected (129)