The Student Room Group

stuck on writing an english epq

my question is

To what extent are the protagonists responsible— and thereby justified— for their crimes in Macbeth and Crime & Punishment?

but i hate how it seems like i have to have some sort of argument throughout. normally english essays you just discuss things, not make a hard and fast judgement coz its subjective like ffs. is there any way i could change this sort of?
Original post by cmckennaa
my question is

To what extent are the protagonists responsible— and thereby justified— for their crimes in Macbeth and Crime & Punishment?

but i hate how it seems like i have to have some sort of argument throughout. normally english essays you just discuss things, not make a hard and fast judgement coz its subjective like ffs. is there any way i could change this sort of?

Did you pick this or was it prewritten?

Not seeing the difficulty in your essay? Just answer the question. If you are objective, then you can answer it at arms length, do all the spade work and reach your conclusion at the end.
Alternatively you can argue it from the beginning. You should also do a section on protagonists , authors intention and the notion of crime and punishment as part of your investigation.
Reply 2
i know what i wanted to write about, but formulating the question is so annoying. would it be fine to just take an objective stance and then conclude at the end then coz whilst thats still annoying at least its not like a hard and fast debate between two sides throughout which isn't how i write essays at all lol. i've planned it all out already into

intro
reasons
motives
psychoanalysis
responses
nihilism
mental health

maybe seems a bit random but plan is all good, thanks 4 ur help man.

Original post by 999tigger
Did you pick this or was it prewritten?

Not seeing the difficulty in your essay? Just answer the question. If you are objective, then you can answer it at arms length, do all the spade work and reach your conclusion at the end.
Alternatively you can argue it from the beginning. You should also do a section on protagonists , authors intention and the notion of crime and punishment as part of your investigation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending