I have a problem about ATAS certificate.

Watch
Chotirawee
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I have been waiting for my ATAS certificate since the end of March. Here is what happened

[30 March 2020]
I received an email from ATAS office saying that I gave an incorrect answer. They asked me to sign back in my ATAS account and make the following correction.
"What subject will you be studying?"
They said, "Please state the subject of the MSc not the research title". (the answer I gave was "MSc Advanced Computational Methods for Aeronautics, Flow Management and Fluid-Structure Interaction")

[31 March 2020]
I replied to that email saying that the answer I gave may seem long but it is exactly the name of my postgraduate programme, not the research title. Then, I got an automatic email saying that ATAS team already got my email and will reply soon.

[7 April 2020]
I had not heard back from ATAS team for about a week. So, I decided to contact International Student Support team, Imperial college. On the same day, the International Student Support team replied,
"You will be fine as you are one of the applicants who applied before April 6th"
"The answer you gave regarding your course subject is fine and this will be used on your ATAS certificate when it is eventually issued."
"Please get in touch again if you haven’t received your ATAS clearance within 6 weeks of your application date and we will follow up with the ATAS team on your behalf to make sure there are no issues".

[7 May 2020]
I had not heard back from anyone. So, I contacted Imperial support team again. Then, they said that they forwarded my email to ATAS team and the ATAS team have said they will reissue my ATAS certificate. I should receive this soon.

[28 May 2020]
I had not heard back from anyone. So, I contacted Imperial support team again. This time Imperial support team only asked me to check my spam/junk mails folders and asked for my ATAS ID.

[5 June 2020]
I contacted Imperial team again, saying that
"The ATAS office has reopened. In my account, the system still asks me to make correction. (The one we have discussed that my answer was exactly the name of the programme.)"
Then the Imperial team asked me to try changing my answer to "MSc Advanced Computational Methods for Aeronautics" but I replied that I am worried that this will create more problems when I use the ATAS certificate to apply for visa because the name of the programme will be obviously different from the one I will be studying.

then lastly, the imperial team said
"At the moment, I’m really not clear what has happened with your ATAS. The ATAS team seem to imply that it was done but I am concerned if the online application is still showing that a correction needs to be made. Please try made the amendment I suggested. If it goes through let me know so I can follow up with the ATAS team again. Unfortunately I have not received any further response from the team."

So, this long story is what happened from before the office closed until just now. I am extremely depressed because the ATAS team never reply me directly and the Imperial support team seems to run out of thing to do.

Are there any other way to contact ATAS team? (I don't have their number)
What do you guys think I should do?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Make the changes like Imperial suggested.
They can amend your offer letters and documentation to have the course title match the ATAS for visa purposes if need be.
hay1007
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Chotirawee)
I have been waiting for my ATAS certificate since the end of March. Here is what happened

[30 March 2020]
I received an email from ATAS office saying that I gave an incorrect answer. They asked me to sign back in my ATAS account and make the following correction.
"What subject will you be studying?"
They said, "Please state the subject of the MSc not the research title". (the answer I gave was "MSc Advanced Computational Methods for Aeronautics, Flow Management and Fluid-Structure Interaction")

[31 March 2020]
I replied to that email saying that the answer I gave may seem long but it is exactly the name of my postgraduate programme, not the research title. Then, I got an automatic email saying that ATAS team already got my email and will reply soon.

[7 April 2020]
I had not heard back from ATAS team for about a week. So, I decided to contact International Student Support team, Imperial college. On the same day, the International Student Support team replied,
"You will be fine as you are one of the applicants who applied before April 6th"
"The answer you gave regarding your course subject is fine and this will be used on your ATAS certificate when it is eventually issued."
"Please get in touch again if you haven’t received your ATAS clearance within 6 weeks of your application date and we will follow up with the ATAS team on your behalf to make sure there are no issues".

[7 May 2020]
I had not heard back from anyone. So, I contacted Imperial support team again. Then, they said that they forwarded my email to ATAS team and the ATAS team have said they will reissue my ATAS certificate. I should receive this soon.

[28 May 2020]
I had not heard back from anyone. So, I contacted Imperial support team again. This time Imperial support team only asked me to check my spam/junk mails folders and asked for my ATAS ID.

[5 June 2020]
I contacted Imperial team again, saying that
"The ATAS office has reopened. In my account, the system still asks me to make correction. (The one we have discussed that my answer was exactly the name of the programme.)"
Then the Imperial team asked me to try changing my answer to "MSc Advanced Computational Methods for Aeronautics" but I replied that I am worried that this will create more problems when I use the ATAS certificate to apply for visa because the name of the programme will be obviously different from the one I will be studying.

then lastly, the imperial team said
"At the moment, I’m really not clear what has happened with your ATAS. The ATAS team seem to imply that it was done but I am concerned if the online application is still showing that a correction needs to be made. Please try made the amendment I suggested. If it goes through let me know so I can follow up with the ATAS team again. Unfortunately I have not received any further response from the team."

So, this long story is what happened from before the office closed until just now. I am extremely depressed because the ATAS team never reply me directly and the Imperial support team seems to run out of thing to do.

Are there any other way to contact ATAS team? (I don't have their number)
What do you guys think I should do?
Hi, I'm in the exact same situation. I am also a student starting my MRes at Imperial this autumn and just got back from the ATAS team asking for additional information. My course title is "MRes in Drug Discovery and Development: Multidisciplinary Science for Next Generation Therapies". The ATAS team then asked me to fill in the subject but not the research title (but that is exactly the name of my programme).

Wondering if you've received your ATAS certificate yet and how long does it take? I am still waiting for the reply from International Student Support. Thanks!
Chotirawee
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I ended up changing the name of the programme (make it a bit shorter) because I really have nothing else to do.Unfortunately, I have not received the ATAS certificate yet.I have contacted the ATAS office 3 times already, but they never reply.
NCTA
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I had to re-submit my application too due to an error I had made in the referee section. I received the following in the email " Thank you for your application for an ATAS certificate. To allow us to complete our checks and make a decision, please sign back in
to your ATAS account to make the changes or additions requested below and then resubmit your application for a final decision". Did youll get the same message? Once you had submitted the application,
how long did it take for them to contact you requesting additional info?
My new decision date is 4th Aug. From what I read, its taking them around 40 days to get back with a decision so Im quite worried.
hay1007
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by NCTA)
I had to re-submit my application too due to an error I had made in the referee section. I received the following in the email " Thank you for your application for an ATAS certificate. To allow us to complete our checks and make a decision, please sign back in
to your ATAS account to make the changes or additions requested below and then resubmit your application for a final decision". Did youll get the same message? Once you had submitted the application,
how long did it take for them to contact you requesting additional info?
My new decision date is 4th Aug. From what I read, its taking them around 40 days to get back with a decision so Im quite worried.
yes I got the same message in the email and my new decision date is 24th Aug. Knowing that it’ll be delayed for like 10-20 working days I’m already planning to ask my uni to chase it up if I don’t receive it in 30 working days!
Lauradmc
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Yes I had to do the same with a date they said that was incorrect. Now my estimated decision date is 31st of August. I am so worried I cant sleep.
NCTA
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Lauradmc)
Yes I had to do the same with a date they said that was incorrect. Now my estimated decision date is 31st of August. I am so worried I cant sleep.
If you dont mind me asking, date regarding what?
This is getting frustrating really.
Lauradmc
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
It was a date on my previous work experiences, the end date had a wrong year. They took 25 working days to tell me about this mistake.
NCTA
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Oh ok. Yeh they took about 22 days to inform me about my errors too.
I cant stop wondering if there are other mistakes cz I DO NOT want another mail after 20+ days requesting for changes.
Lauradmc
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Exactly what I keep thinking. I hope that they send all the mistakes at once.
Husamalqadasi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
It was a date on my previous work experiences, the end date had a wrong year. They took 25 working days to tell me about this mistake.
You guys are so lucky, in my case there was a mistake in my passport number, i don't know if I made it or they made it. Anyway they send me my ATAS certificate with a wrong passport number and know I am in an empty loop, my university can not help with that and I sent ATAS team an email 20 days ago with with no response. I have sent them another email 4 days ago and still haven't received any response. I am feeling lost in this situation and I am running out of time. Any suggestions please?
Lauradmc
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I had the same feeling as you. I keep thinking: did I make this mistake or did they make it on purpose, since the demand might be too high?Because my mistake was so absurd that it is hard to think not only that I did it, but also that the system of a government with such an important role still does not have some kind of “error” message when it happens, to prevent this absurd things from even being submitted. The date that was wrong in my application was because I left a starting date being 2019 and an ending date being 2018. Since it is impossible to a start be after an end they requested this change. How can this kind of mistake even be allowed to exist? The same with the number of a passport number. Shouldn’t there be an automatic online check if the number exists?!?I also dont know what to do, besides keep emailing them with a subject “urgent requeste from applicant ....” and begging them to consider sending a response faster, because of the deadline of September. I suggest you to do the same. 😔
Husamalqadasi
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I had the same feeling as you. I keep thinking: did I make this mistake or did they make it on purpose, since the demand might be too high?Because my mistake was so absurd that it is hard to think not only that I did it, but also that the system of a government with such an important role still does not have some kind of “error” message when it happens, to prevent this absurd things from even being submitted. The date that was wrong in my application was because I left a starting date being 2019 and an ending date being 2018. Since it is impossible to a start be after an end they requested this change. How can this kind of mistake even be allowed to exist? The same with the number of a passport number. Shouldn’t there be an automatic online check if the number exists?!?I also dont know what to do, besides keep emailing them with a subject “urgent requeste from applicant ....” and begging them to consider sending a response faster, because of the deadline of September. I suggest you to do the same. 😔
I sent them recently an email with urgent title and reference number but no answer, I will let you know if they respond to me and please let me know if they respond to you. The problem is that I will lose my fund if I get late, and thinking of a silly mistake like this is the reason for losing this fund drive me crazy 😔😔😔😔
Lauradmc
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
When did you resubmit your application and when was it first submitted? I will let you know, please let us know too in case you get an answer. This is really stressful, I understand you, I am in the same situation with a full scholarship on hold. Also from September onwards Im going to have a renting to pay already but since I need to have a visa to receive the financial assistance, I might not have it on time and will have to pay 1/3 of the total renting year with a money I do not have. It drives me crazy as well to think of it. I will ask my university again for help. The first time I told them about this they said: dont worry you have plenty of time.However I will try again. Maybe using stronger words and showing how stressful it is getting they will do something to help.
Husamalqadasi
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
When did you resubmit your application and when was it first submitted? I will let you know, please let us know too in case you get an answer. This is really stressful, I understand you, I am in the same situation with a full scholarship on hold. Also from September onwards Im going to have a renting to pay already but since I need to have a visa to receive the financial assistance, I might not have it on time and will have to pay 1/3 of the total renting year with a money I do not have. It drives me crazy as well to think of it. I will ask my university again for help. The first time I told them about this they said: dont worry you have plenty of time.However I will try again. Maybe using stronger words and showing how stressful it is getting they will do something to help.
I didn't submit a new application, as I told you they sent me the ATAS certificate with a wrong passport number and I don't know what is the correct procedure to solve this problem, I am afraid to make it more complicated if I would submit a new application that's why I sent them an email explaining the problem but no answer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (7)
4.49%
Confident (14)
8.97%
Indifferent (16)
10.26%
Unsure (38)
24.36%
Worried (81)
51.92%

Watched Threads